Stunning New Sharp Aquos Crystal Phone Coming to Sprint Tomorrow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sharp-aquos-crystal.jpg

Sprint is getting ready to make a big announcement tomorrow. It turns out they are announcing a brand new phone from Sharp. What this phone lacks in substance (internal hardware), it makes up for in style. It's called the Sharp Aquos Crystal, and it is easily one of the best looking smartphones ever designed.

It's main claim to fame is a “frame-less structure and crystal display.” It supposedly also has enhanced sound. Here is a breakdown of its internal specs:
  • 5-inch 1280 x 720 edge-to-edge display
  • 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 processor
  • 1.5GB of RAM
  • 8GB of internal storage
  • Android 4.4.2 KitKat
  • Harman-Kardon audio
  • Battery 2,040 mAh
  • 10 millimeters thick and weighs 140 grams
Obviously, this device's tech specs aren't going to win it any awards, but in the consumer world, that doesn't really matter as much. Of course, it hasn't been officially announced, so it's possible these specs will be different for Sprint than the Japanese model of the phone. We will keep you updated.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
and out of nowhere......Sharp<<huh?... appears in the US with an incredible phone.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Too square for my taste, but it is nice to see other manufacturers jumping into the smartphone pool. Love the frameless structure, although it's going to be tough to make a case for this device. Overall, very nice mid range device. Good luck to Sharp!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good thing is that a manufacturer is showing that it can be done. Think we will see others jump in and improve on the design. I'm thinking they will have to go sapphire as less bezel can mean less protection against drops.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Too square for my taste...

Looking at that pic, it's pretty clear lack of rounded edges is the trade-off for reduced bezel. Although ideally you split that bottom bezel between the top and bottom, giving you more room to round the edges and a better overall aesthetic appearance.

But why do this phone and give it otherwise middling specs?!? And LOL at Harmon-Kardon audio on a cell phone.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
That screen tech is amazing! At around 0:45, the screen manages to actually protrude out of the phone and cover part of his thumb so that his thumb doesn't obstruct the picture!

I cannot fathom the appeal of bezelless devices. Sure they look great but I can barely hand my Note 2 to someone without their finger touching the screen and changing what I'm trying to show them.