Stuck on boot animation

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
Ok, so I got the update, but it would fail to install. So, I went to a D2G system dump, and started comparing the /system/app. I found a few things that I had forgotten I had removed, and put the apks back in (I've done this before). But, the update still failed. So, I started looking though all of /system. I was looking through /system/ect and found that my phone had a file called dbus.conf, and the dump I was looking at didn't, so I deleted it from my phone. Worried about deleting things from the directory, I made a copy of dbus.conf on my computer. I rebooted, and now I'm stuck. I get past the Moto logo, but then the DROID animation just keeps playing over and over. I'll probably end up taking it to Verizon, since I did unroot, delete clockworkmod/bootstrap, and remove all traces of busybox. But I would prefer if someone here could help!
Thanks in advance!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try a factory reset. After that it's the sbf that was just released.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
currentweb

currentweb

Reaction score
Try a factory reset. After that it's the sbf that was just released.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

Factory reset I already tried, and to no avail...
I'm willing to try the SBF, but Apparently I have to wait for it to become public? Right now it's only availible to people who bought some app called TBH or something like that...
But, if I'm wrong, can you give me a link to the SBF?
Thanks for your help!:)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It will be a few days; or if you have a buddy with a D2G you can pay for the app and download it from the buddy's phone, then use it to flash your D2G.

I'm not sure if Team Black Hat would approve, but they're still getting paid for the SBF. :)

OP
currentweb

currentweb

Reaction score
It will be a few days; or if you have a buddy with a D2G you can pay for the app and download it from the buddy's phone, then use it to flash your D2G.

I'm not sure if Team Black Hat would approve, but they're still getting paid for the SBF. :)

Ok, so I'll just have to wait for a public release. No one I know has a Global, so I have no choice. If I get desperate, I might go to the verizon store and get it on one of their display D2G.
Thanks again

OP
currentweb

currentweb

Reaction score

OK, I know your probably sick of me, but I just had an idea. What if I make an update.zip that will put dbus.conf back into /system/ect? I can get into recovery, so I can install zips from my SD card. Do you think it's worth a shot?

wilboy

Reaction score

OK, I know your probably sick of me, but I just had an idea. What if I make an update.zip that will put dbus.conf back into /system/ect? I can get into recovery, so I can install zips from my SD card. Do you think it's worth a shot?
I'm afraid not!(specially you have already unroot and deleted ur clockworkmod recovery)But just wait for the SBF to go public in a couple days!:)

CellZealot

Reaction score
The stock recovery can only run officially signed update.zip files so that will not work.

I strongly suggest you wait a couple days for the public release when you can flash your phone safely with the SBF file to recover it. Anything you try in the meantime is not likely to succeed and will be draining your battery, which cannot charge if your phone can't boot properly. If you drain it completely then you will have to either buy another battery or an external charger to charge it before you will be able to flash it anyway.

OP
currentweb

currentweb

Reaction score

I'm afraid not!(specially you have already unroot and deleted ur clockworkmod recovery)But just wait for the SBF to go public in a couple days!:)

The stock recovery can only run officially signed update.zip files so that will not work.

I strongly suggest you wait a couple days for the public release when you can flash your phone safely with the SBF file to recover it. Anything you try in the meantime is not likely to succeed and will be draining your battery, which cannot charge if your phone can't boot properly. If you drain it completely then you will have to either buy another battery or an external charger to charge it before you will be able to flash it anyway.

OK, fine. I'll wait till the SBF is availible. Great, now back to my feature phone while I wait :(
Oh well, and thank you both for your help. I can gey more confidence with all this hacking knowing that there are people to help when I screw up:)

jakehowe

Reaction score
I had the same problem mine was doing the same thing the Sims card was the cause, it was locked to another phone and was causing the rom to stay at the boot screen like it was rebooting over and over. did a reinstall of the rom and still the same sometimes it would get to the droid screen then it would reboot again over and over. so remove the sims card and see what happens.