Stopping a sent sms?

droidxethan

Reaction score
Alright so I've always wondered this but never thought to ask but is there a way to stop a sent text messese from sending on dx? like on my first phone it had a call(green) and power/end(red) button and u could hit the the red button to cancel a message that was just sent and the dx does not have those kinda buttons so im at a loss here sry for long message I tend to get really specific with stuff

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xliderider

Reaction score
Only way would be to pull the battery I guess, but whether the message would be resent when the battery is reinstalled and the device reboots, who knows?

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
thats lame i figured there would be a way to do that its such a simple thing haha

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know of a phone that CAN do that

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
I didn't say the dx is lame I love my dx like it was family its just annoying when I send a text and then realize that I've messed it up or spelt something wrong from auto correct and I can't stop it from sending

Wolf85

Reaction score
I don't know of a phone that CAN do that

Any old flip or dumbphone CAN do that. You just hit the end/power and it stops the message from being sent. A minor annoyance but it might the only thing that bothers me about my X.

Wolf85

Reaction score
Yeah that's a good thought. I do have quick access to airplane mode in my notification pulldown through Widgetsoid. I'll have to try that next time I accidentally send something to someone I wasn't supposed to haha

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you catch it like this you'll probably need to delete it as well because it will probably send upon re-connection.

Wolf85

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Might come in handy at some point

AlexSB

Reaction score
Try looking for "Tigress Text Message"

Or something around those lines, I member hearing about it on the radio (about a month ago) that places your txts on a timer and will delete itself from the recipient's phone when the timer is up and I'm pretty sure that that's the app the radio show was talking about (99.5 in DC)

But I don't think that's exactly what your looking for lol but you could look into it none the less

Liberated Droid II

Technoman

Reaction score
Tigress doesn't delete from the phone you are sending a message to, only your own phone. It is a privacy type APP for deleting, hiding, and such on your own phone.

qman66

Reaction score
That's an interesting question but I don't think there is enough time to cancel it. At least for me it sends almost right away