What to do with my dx

droidxethan

Reaction score
Alright forum I have a dx and I also have an old dx that isn't activated because I bricked it then unbricked it later on but my question is idk what to do with my old one the menu button doesn't work at all and its stuck in "safe mode" so im at a loss here as to what I can do with it I don't want to just throw it away so any suggestions would be much appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

J

Johnly

List it like that and see who buys it! i would not be caught dead doing that, but sheep are abundant....

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
Haha u really think someone would buy it? Cuz I no I wouldn't but im wanting to do something cool with it I just can't do anything in that stupid safe mode

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Send it to me, I will trade it for a snickers bar.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have a DX and am unfamiliar with safemode... what exactly does that look like, what are the restrictions. I'm assuming you tried sbf'ing with the full 2.3.340 file?

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
Safe mode sucks what I've read is that if u hold down the menu button while booting it goes into to safe mode and in safe mode it says it down in the right corner and also u can't use any third party apps so I can't do anything at all except find widow and get on the internet and yes I used sbf that's how I unbricked it and I've even tried to do it again but it always stays in safe mode so idk what I can do with it

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
Also I've read that devs use safe mode for doing stuff but idk anything specific about it

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If I was in your position I would either sell it on ebay and be completely straight forward. Or I would try popping off the menu hardkey and seeing if I could use a pin or something to try and get the button to work. That menu button is your real problem.

Or I would send it to me. :p

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
Yeah I might as well just **** with it if I knew what safe mode was for I could try doing that but I have no idea it was intended to be used as a tablet but since I can't use any apps I download it puts a big damper on its usage so im kinda sad it was gonna be my testing phone to mess around with that just would only be able to use wifi

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Usually buttons that don't work are due to the fact that the plastic hard key isn't sitting right on the actual button. In your case its not that its not working, its that it is working but not turning off... so I feel like if you removed the plastic and fished around in there, I bet you could fully depress the real button and then release it so that next boot it got out of safe mode. Or maybe even try booting it while tapping on the real button.. basically anything to disrupt it from being pressed at bootup.

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
I've actually tried the tapping while boot in many different ways and never worked im going to pull button off tomorrow and see what I can do not scared as to its not my current phone haha any other info as to what can be done in safe mode post it here please :) I like to have many options to my problems

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a way but definitely try googling safe button removal, maybe you can salvage it and snap it back on afterwards..

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
Yeah I hope so thanks for taking time to post in my random thread haha ill post back of what happens

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, if you're unable to get it out of safe mode or find a willing buyer then you might consider donating it to a dev. Jrummy, koush, cvpcs, bgill, etc could at the least use it as a Guinea pig.

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
OP, if you're unable to get it out of safe mode or find a willing buyer then you might consider donating it to a dev. Jrummy, koush, cvpcs, bgill, etc could at the least use it as a Guinea pig.

That's a good thought I might actually do that