Stolen driod x, can it be tracked

TexasHookem8

Reaction score
can verizon track the phone or can I find some way to turn on the gps, and the people turned off my phone.. is there anything that i can do?

mtz_gto

Reaction score
If you have TEC insurance, go to mymobilerecovery.com.

The TEC insurance app would of already had to been installed
on his phone piror to being stolen.

Example: Asurion Launching Mobile Recovery App, Get it Early Here | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

mobile-recovery-337x600.png

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Verizon can ping your phone and get a gps location as long as it is turned on because you can't turn gps tracking for 911. BUT they probably won't do that for your, it is hard enough to get them to do it for us when we are trying to find someone in trouble.

mjnub

Reaction score
If u have the esn I can try to help u out. Did u already report it stolen pm me

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am not sure where i seen this at or read about it but {i want to say modern marvels} i heard that all smartphones have a chip built in that even if shutoff. a signal can be sent to the phone to pull the gps location. w/o turning the phone on but it has to be a master signal from carrier.

and i also heard the only way to defeat this is to ruin the phone ie... dropping it in a lake

Last edited:

Sub~Zero

Reaction score
Damn, did u install the app Lookout? U kan track it from a komputer. I love it

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Damn, did u install the app Lookout? U kan track it from a komputer. I love it

lookout is nice but eats resources like bad plus if phone is off lookout cant help you.

mjnub

Reaction score
I am not sure where i seen this at or read about it but {i want to say modern marvels} i heard that all smartphones have a chip built in that even if shutoff. a signal can be sent to the phone to pull the gps location. w/o turning the phone on but it has to be a master signal from carrier.

and i also heard the only way to defeat this is to ruin the phone ie... dropping it in a lake

They won't do that unless ur law enforcement also if the phone is off there is no way it can transmit any signal

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is a quote from a search just today Page 2 of about 83,800 results (0.29 seconds)

"Forget about PC spyware, they're nothing compared with mobile phone spyware that enables call- and text-monitoring. But worst of all, mobile phone spyware allows anyone to tap into the phone remotely and activate its microphone, even when it is turned OFF.

So It doesn't matter if you have an iPhone, Blackberry or any Android phones. These spyware programs are not expensive (often free), or difficult to purchase or install. Your smartphone can also tell your location. We all need our mobile phones, so now there's no place to hide. There are several spy services out there for people who are desperate to monitor their children or employees. Companies such as Mobile Spy will help you monitor their call, mobile web browsing and text message activities. You can just log into your Mobile Spy account from any computer and see everything - including GPS locations too! Scary!

One popular spyware for mobile phones is Flexispy. It comes in four packages, with the high-end Flexispy Pro-X having features such as live-call listening, secret mobile GPS tracking, SMS message reading, phone call history, email, and the ability to secretly listen in on the phone's surroundings. The entry level product is Flexispy Bug which allows remote listening only. It turns your phone into a bug so someone else can listen to everything.

Are you safe? Probably not. A quick way to check if you phone is bugged, look for sudden drop in battery power, and then unusually billing activity with random numbers. If you for whatever reasons need to engage in a secret conversation, take the battery out of your smartphone.

As early as 1997, the National Reconnaissance Organization warned that any mobile phone can be turned into a microphone and transmitter for the purpose of listening to conversations in the vicinity of the phone. This is basically done by transmitting to the mobile phone a maintenance command on the control channel. This command places the mobile telephone in 'diagnostic mode'. When this is done, conversations in the immediate area of the telephone can be monitored over the voice channel. This diagnostic mode was originally designed for remote software update. Now with GPS, not only they can listen in, they can locate you within feet. So, when do they start making anti-spy software for cell phones?

Don't expect these privacy risks to go away. The reality is all governments have no desire to fix this problem or to make these products illegal. The more they can find out about you the better protected they feel. It is like 1984"

But this would be in an extreme case like if you was involved in a major crime like a murder

Last edited:

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I downloaded the mobilerecovery app but it said it was an unrecognized device. I have TEC coverage, so maybe it has something to do with having the leaked 2.2........
anyone have issues or no issues with 2.2?

DaRkL3AD3R

Reaction score
All the stuff about getting GPS location and recording sound through the mic while the device is even off lol...

No. Just, no. Not possible. Spyware or whatever can be on your phone all you want but if its powered off that thing ain't doin jack !@#$!

Also in order to track your phone GPS wise you must have software already installed on it before it got lost/stolen. This doesn't help OP at all sadly. Best of luck to you mate