Stock froyo 2.2 can't download Android Terminal Emulator

Fraxinus

Reaction score
I've scoured around for a while and can't find anyone with this issue, let alone a resolution. I have the stock release of 2.2 FRF57 and I'm having the Google Maps upgrade to 4.3 issue. I went to download a terminal emulator to fix my issue and that's where I hit trouble. I first downloaded "Terminal Emulator" from the market but it simply FCs. When trying to download "Android Terminal Emulator" though, I simply cannot find it. I've tried:

• Manually searching market for "Android Terminal Emulator"; "Terminal Emulator"; "AndroidTerm"; "Palevich"; etc. etc. etc.
  • Using the QR code off a website to directly look it up in the market
  • Searching for a downloadable .apk
  • Restoring my backup from Astro but since my backups were taken in 2.1 I don't seem to be able to restore any
I'm at a loss for getting my hands on Android Terminal Emulator. Thoughts from anyone? Is anyone else having this issue?

OP
Fraxinus

Fraxinus

Reaction score
Hmm. Very good thought, somehow I totally missed that fix. I've just applied it though and still no luck locating Android Terminal Emulator...

OP
Fraxinus

Fraxinus

Reaction score
Interesting...I wonder what happened?? In any event - I figured a solution to my problem. While the Astro application backup manager wouldn't restore my backed up copy of AndroidTerm I was able to manually navigate to the astro backup folder on my SD card, select the backup and install it directly from there. This seems to have worked fine, though I haven't played with it yet to make sure all is well. Thanks for the help and advice!

something seems to have happened to the terminal emulator you're referring to...I had the same issue on another rom. Funny thing is, the download file is no longer here either:

Downloads - androidterm - Project Hosting on Google Code