stock build prop

dmlp60

Reaction score
Does anyone have a stock build.prop link or file? I cannot update and hear it may be the reason why.

Thanks.

tmann72

Reaction score
I am also having issues with the updated. Downloads fine, starts the update process, then fails and reboots phone. I believe that my build.prop is causing the problem. I would be grateful to anyone who could provide a stock build.prop file.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
How do you guys know the build.prop is your problem, and how do you know it's your only problem?

Just flash 219 and then check and download the update, or just RSDLite ICS. This way you'll get ICS and you won't be spending your time hunting down the problem.

silver6054

Reaction score
How do you guys know the build.prop is your problem, and how do you know it's your only problem?

Just flash 219 and then check and download the update, or just RSDLite ICS. This way you'll get ICS and you won't be spending your time hunting down the problem.
I'm with orangechoochoo here! If you are getting the error messages, it merely reports the first one (so checksum on build.prop failing) but if you modified build.prop, you may well have modified other files as well, and you will need to request these files as well. Since you are going to update anyway, there is nothing that needs preserving, so either flash GB and then the update should work (if you really want to get the update OTA for some reason) or install ICS directly.

OP
D

dmlp60

Reaction score
I fast booted the ICS files and in 15 to 20 minutes was active on a full ICS 217! I can say that this is a great system... as far as I know. I have been on CM7, CM9, Gummy, Eclipse... this is really nice, except for the color in the settings menu. I'm more of a black fan myself.

Anyway, the files worked perfectly on a shady computer... a shady phone- too many files modified by too many rooms... and I can't complain.

I'm on the update path... but I will safestrap and put another ROM on because I'm a gluten for punishment!

I I just need to root, and voodoo didn't restore my root. Minor setback I can totally deal with.

Again, many thanks to everyone here for their direction and insight. I couldn't have gotten back to full function (kind of) , without this forum..