Still a newb and still have questions

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by coolbreez, Jan 5, 2011.

1. coolbreez

coolbreez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was using the GPS feature and I think it's set to shortest distance, is there a way to change it to fastest time?

Thanks again.

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    As far as I know, no -- But with the traffic integration, I belive the app is smart enough to give you the fastest time.

3. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    After double checking with my DX...I would have to agree with LtKen above...the Google Maps app along with the Navigation app will default to the quickest/shortest route available...according to the maps.

Now, you and I and everyone else knows that not always are maps and GPS`s cognizant of ALL traffic data for a given route...I know for a fact that I can drive my route to work in 50 minutes...but Navigation says it will take 1hr15mins to make that trip...:)

But, you can get the Navigation to give you alternate routes that let you decide knowing the roads better, which is truly the quickest route...

4. coolbreez

coolbreez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help. I guess I was hoping the Nav on the X would be like the Garmin I have. I can set it up to take the shortest route or the fastest. I can get to work taking a longer way but its all freeway and the X wants to send me the shorter (distance) way but longer time.

5. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Active Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Ratings:
    +40
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8!!
    I ran into that on Christmas eve. we got detoured due to the snow. and the X nav took us thru these little cobble roads. Not that we could see the road through the snow. but no alternate routes like I am use to with the nav system in my car.

need to find something new!