1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Questions about Navigation and Voice

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Audiophobe, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Audiophobe

Audiophobe New Member

-How can I set up and save regularly used destinations such as "Home" address or "Office"on navigation rather than typing it in every time? Can I have "Voice" recognize them so I can say "Navigate to home"?

-My Magellan has certain cool features such as "Least use of highways" or "Shortest distance" or "Fastest time". Anything like that available on our navigation? This is much less important but sometimes my wife and I prefer the scenic route when driving somewhere.
  2. bennyj

bennyj New Member

You can do a long press on the home screen(a blank area), A pop up will show, select shortcuts >> then directions. This will allow you to set up a shortcut to your most used destinations.
  3. jaysonstaurt

jaysonstaurt New Member

Don't ever put your home address saved in a GPS. You lose that phone or it gets stolen someone that might not want to be your new BFF has your home address.

just sayin....
  4. Audiophobe

Audiophobe New Member

That worked.
    Thanks.
    But still, if I hit voice search and say "navigate to home" it gives me"Did you mean:" and a list of businesses withe the word home in them (none of which are my home).
Search tags for this page

say navigate to home on droid