Status 7 when trying to install the ICS Leak

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
I was using safestrap and got it back to stock 902. I then did the system update to get to 905. I then tried to flash (recovery) the Blur_Version.5.9.905.to.6.7.2233.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip. However, when doing this I get the following:
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh", "1810bb2cd607e2f6cfbeafa158bb3a89629d60b7". "3a8382950bd4a6226349607d099afcbd93653d48")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
I can restart the phone and it seems to work fine, but I cannot install the leaked ICS, nor can I seem to get back to the stock 902. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

ewangw

Reaction score
Try this...
Fastboot via RSD to 902
Root it
Save root using Voodoo OTA, make sure to temp unroot before going to the next step
Download the official 905 and install
Install ICS leak
You should be able to restore root with Voodoo once you're loaded up

nellj

Reaction score
Is the phone plugged in (usb,charger,etc) to anything when you are installing ICS? If so, unplug the phone then install ICS.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Alright, here's how I fixed my issue. I downloaded a 902 FXZ, extracted it to my desktop. Downloaded RSDLite5.7, installed on my system. Ran RSDLite pointed it to the extracted 902 FXZ file, connected my Bionic to the computer, then started. This took several minutes but when completed, I was back on 902. With the phone disconnected from the computer, I ran the system update to get to 905. After that, I was able to flash to the ICS leak. I am not sure why this did not work initially, but I'm now running the ICS leak.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Did you add the "Forever Root" lines to /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh? I'm guessing so and that will cause the md5 check to fail. Delete the 3 forever root lines and I bet the error goes away.

pacuff

Reaction score
From what I've seen, this is the general solution to the "error 7 MD5 sideload" issue. Before editing mount_ext3.sh, copy the file to sdcard. As root, open mount_ext3.sh in a text editor and delete the last three lines inserted by the forever root. Be sure to delete the lines then do a delete so that the cursor is sitting after fi the last line. Then press the enter key. This will place an empty blank line as the last line of the script. In order for the MD5 checksum to work, there must be an empty line after the last fi shell script command. It's a subtle difference, than is sometimes easily ignored. Note also, that there can only be one empty line following the last fi script command. I found this out after multiple attempts and failures.

The 2233 ICS leak should then load. After ICS has completed and your phone has rebooted, you can then restore root and reenter the forever root lines at the end of mount_sh3.sh. Warning, don't be tempted to just recopy then old copy from your GB backup, because the ICS version is slightly different than the GB version of mount_ext3.sh.

briguy503

Reaction score
Underwater Mike said:
Why not just update and re-root after everything is installed?

This is a good is a good way to get root on the leak. Razors edge is known to work on the leak to gain root. I fxz back to .902 then took the ota to .905. Then installed the leak, and it went fine. Before that I think because of forever root, and safestrap leaving stuff behind I was getting #7 errors.

gpainties

Reaction score
I keep getting the status 7 error pointing to mount_ext3.sh. I've deleted all reference to CWM and Bionic Bootstrap. Edited the mount_ext3.sh file by deleting those root-related last three lines, leaving exactly one empty line after the final fi. And the ICS install still fails, .Can somebody please please please post a screenshot or copy/paste the contents of their stock (or otherwise able to load the leaked ICS) .905 mount_ext3.sh file since it's this file that is apparently still not correct and preventing me from tasting the ICS goodness?

nobreak1970

Reaction score
gpainties said:
I keep getting the status 7 error pointing to mount_ext3.sh. I've deleted all reference to CWM and Bionic Bootstrap. Edited the mount_ext3.sh file by deleting those root-related last three lines, leaving exactly one empty line after the final fi. And the ICS install still fails, .Can somebody please please please post a screenshot or copy/paste the contents of their stock (or otherwise able to load the leaked ICS) .905 mount_ext3.sh file since it's this file that is apparently still not correct and preventing me from tasting the ICS goodness?

You are getting error 7 because you haven't followed recommended instructions.
Just FXZ back to.902 and be done with it.
You'll have it all done before you get all that other stuff you are talking about done.

djgriffin

Reaction score
I had the same status 7 problem. Go to this link -[LEAK] Official ICS for the Bionic 4.0.4 (6.7.2231) & (6.7.2233)
Follow the directions. Make sure you have RSD lite version 5.7 ( 5.6 did not work) and the latest Motorola drivers ( old ones did not work). I was on 905 rooted, had to fxz back to 902, get the OTA update and then I flashed ICS with no problems. Works great. Also it is very important that you plug USB cable directly into computer and not into a USB hub ( I learned that the hard way last year!). Good luck!

nellj

Reaction score
Here's the simple instructions to get to ICS without error 7
  1. get rid of safestrap/bootstrap,etc
  2. FXZ back to .902
  3. OTA update to .905 (optional- root at this point using motofail. Then download voodoo root keeper from the play store. Back up root, disbale root)
  4. Here's the part where error 7 comes into play. BEFORE INSTALLING THE ICS LEAK UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM THE COMPUTER, WALL CHARGER, ETC.
  5. Install ICS using the recover option in the fastboot menu (Power on phone using power and both volume buttons) move down to "Recovery" then up.
  6. after installing ICS open Voodoo rootkeepr and restore root.
Hope this helps.

MontegoRX

Reaction score
I'm getting the same error. I've tried flashing with and without the SD card, and tried all kinds of different methods. No luck in any of the methods. I'm finding a lot of "Do this" with no links to how to do that. So I've been trying to piece everything together.

So far, I'm on 905 (after going to stock 902 and OTA to 905). I do the recovery, and update from SD Card. I get the 7 error each time. I uninstalled SafeStrap, but there may be remnants left over on the phone stopping install.

MontegoRX

Reaction score
my message is:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapper", "4a63fec78956def045b44910a754fa640db8f5a", "16ec2444c44c8e2a43a969cb49834d6f6fe2297d7")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted