Starting WIFI while on a call?

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I have an issue where if I'm on a call, I cant fire up WIFI. However, if I'm already connected when i start the call then wifi stays connected and works just fine. But should I drop my wifi at any point while on that call I'm stuck until i hang up. It just says it is searching for an IP addy.

Anyone else have this issue?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Droid is not capable of handling data and voice connections at the same time....

M

Matth3w

3G no, but you can be on WiFi, it doesn't use the same signal. I was searching for apps while talking to my wife tonight on the phone.

OP
C

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Droid is not capable of handling data and voice connections at the same time....

You can certainly have wifi running while on a call. I do it all the time... well until my connection drops that is, then I'm stuck on my 2 hour conference call with no entartainment ;-)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can indeed (as the above have stated) use wi-fi and make a phone call but I have seen elsewhere that wi-fi must already be started :frown:. Not sure if it's a fault of the Android OS or just the ROMs that we have but it's a known issue. If it's going to be a long call just excuse yourself for a minute and them them you'll call the right back (i.e. after you activate your wifi, lol):icon_ banana:.

OP
C

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Thanks KZI, I didn't know if that was a normal issue or just something wacky with my phone.

Slntagent

Reaction score
You can indeed (as the above have stated) use wi-fi and make a phone call but I have seen elsewhere that wi-fi must already be started :frown:. Not sure if it's a fault of the Android OS or just the ROMs that we have but it's a known issue. If it's going to be a long call just excuse yourself for a minute and them them you'll call the right back (i.e. after you activate your wifi, lol):icon_ banana:.

just tested this...started a call....hit home...turned on and connected wifi...i was still connected to both my call and the net...i was able to surf and talk...love this phone

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool, what ROM are you running? must have been fixed somewhere along the line (or by one of the chefs). I haven't had to try it lately as I usually have my wifi on.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that guys...thanx

I very rarely use wifi so thats probably why I didn't know... :)