Droid Ultra Open Wifi

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by eek88dj, Nov 26, 2013.

1. eek88dj

eek88dj Member

I try to connect to open WiFi menu says it is but when u try to use it on internet no connection the wifi indicator is white also anyone else having this issue I called Motorola they acted stupid about it. It works fine on secured WiFi just not on open WiFi. Does anyone else have the Ultra is doing this or is yours working ok on open WiFi?
  2. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Member

I don't have the Ultra, but our 'X' and D2s work fine on open and secure networks, but many open networks are not 'open' as they require you to agree to their terms first, before you gain access, and I have had issues where this screen never came up originally, only after disconnecting and reconnection, did the screen show this requirement, once I agreed to it, I hit enter, then cleared it and started browsing the web.
  3. eek88dj

eek88dj Member

It says I'm connected to open wifi but the indicator is white not blue so when try internet no connection...
  4. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

Also sometimes you have to open the browser and refresh the page for terms of use to appear before you can use of wifi.
  5. eek88dj

eek88dj Member

I've done everything u already said still no go.... I wish I knew someone had a Ultra I think it an issue with it....I had the razor maxx HD before never had a problem at all with open WiFi... Until I got the Ultra...
  6. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

My wife has the Maxx and has not had any problems connecting to open wifi. My HTC One has had problems a few times, but doing the above suggestions have gotten me connected most times. It could be that my wife has not had the problem yet because she hasn't tried to connect to nearly as many open networks as I have. I had the most trouble at a Target and Best Buy store. If I remember correctly, I never did get connected, but I just gave up quickly and used 4G.
Search tags for this page

droid ultra connect to wifi

droid ultra does not see wifi connections
droid ultra maxx problems with wifi connection
droid ultra not showing wireless networks
droid ultra says connectedto wifi but no internet
droid ultra wifi
droid ultra wifi disconnects
droid ultra wifi is connected but wont work

droid ultra wifi problems

droid ultra wifi works inconsistently
no internet connection droid ultra