Spell Check????

Lyman1

Reaction score
Good morning all.

I thought that I'd through out another noob question.

Coming from the VZW TP2 I had the option of spell checking my documents and email messages.

Is it possible to do this with Android? Is it built in to the OEM OS, or would I have better luck in the Market Place (i.e. add on)?

Much obliged for you assistance.

All the Best!

trav_t

Reaction score
Bump. Does anyone know if this is an issue that is being addressed? At a minimum gmail mobile should have spell check.

wtherrell

Reaction score
Bump. Does anyone know if this is an issue that is being addressed? At a minimum gmail mobile should have spell check.
I have not seen a spell check in gmail mobile or in the preferred K-9 Mail app. However, I find that using the Swype predictive keyboard, I no longer need a spell checker. I didn't think I would like Swype keyboard at first but now I love it. Swyping from the tips key to the sym key brings up another keyboard with all kinds of cursor positioning and cut and paste capability. Blew me away!:icon_ banana:

trav_t

Reaction score
swype

I've been using swpe for about a month and find it a little quicker for entering short entries like searches but not for longer text like email. I find that I have to use the physical keyboard. I am using this for business and really need a spell check for email.

txflea

Reaction score
I would love to have a spell checker.. I have been using the swipe but it seems I text slower with it than just the regular texting way. I keep hitting all kinds of buttons and getting strange pages.