First Droid Phone

wu343

Reaction score
I just picked up the Facinate on Friday and I'm already considering an exchange. My last phone was a BB Storm, and while it had it's issues, I still prefer BB over android for several reasons.

Spell check - I was not aware android phones did not have a built in spell check when composing email. I never even thought to check.

Exchange Contact Lookup - with BB you can search the corporate exchange server to find phone numbers that are not in your current contacts list. I do not see any way to do this on android.

Message Notification - when I received an email on the Storm, the a light would blink at the top of the phone. The phone would also display a quantity next to the message indicator as well. Androind does not offer this.

I'm going to give it a couple more days, but the BB Bold may be a better choice for me.

bomber889

Reaction score
the Fascinate does not have an led, therefore no led notifications. not android. any other android phone has this. but probably if you are using it for business a bb would be better for you. but if you wanted to wait for the droid pro that is supposedly coming out soon, it's somewhat like a blackberry.

jleachma

Reaction score
download the app "noled". as for the quantity of unread messages, try out "launcherpro". in the preferences you can set it to show the number of unread messages.

I was a previous blackberry user, but I have not came across many things that my androids can't do (droid1 previously, currently the fascinate).

OP
W

wu343

Reaction score
I tried the NoLED app and it did not work exchange email. Any word on when spell check will be supported on android (I may be willi to wait)?

kk84

Reaction score
what about getting a droid2? Ive heard different reviews for both! can anyone comment on which would be better!?!

mrdroid

Reaction score
Spellcheck and contact lookup work by default for me.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk Pro

OP
W

wu343

Reaction score
Spellcheck and contact lookup work by default for me.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk Pro

How does your phone have email spell check and mine does not?