Spell Check

muddy00

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get spell check to check your message before sending, is his the only blackberry feature im missing?

Infernalblaze

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that this is only blackberry and the sidekicks where it will use a squiggly line to tell you if you typed something wrong. as for now the auto correct work pretty well when you use the touchscreen keyboard

lyoko37

Reaction score
Is there anyway to force the auto correct / spell check for the physical keyboard...because there is plenty of room when the keyboard is out..and I make a lot of spelling errors =P

ppsailor01

Reaction score
Does the Droid really not have spell check for email? I just got one last week and I love it but if there is no spell check I will have to switch back to my Blackberry. Please tell me their is an app I can download so I can keep this phone.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the Droid really not have spell check for email? I just got one last week and I love it but if there is no spell check I will have to switch back to my Blackberry. Please tell me their is an app I can download so I can keep this phone.

Try Apsell from the Market. See if it will work for you :) Edit: it won't do email. Sorry

ppsailor01

Reaction score
I think you mean Aspell and I downloaded that already. All it does is tell you how to correctly spell one word. I don't need that, I need to spell check an entire email. I can't believe google screwed this up and deployed gmail that can't spell check. What were they thinking?

dbear4ever

Reaction score
I need one also

I can not belive that there is not a spell check app or that it is not inbedded. Come on need this one!

home38er

Reaction score
this is a major flaw. Spell check is needed. MY 9 years of blackberry may have to become 10 or 11 years...

stumpie

Reaction score
Spell check is one of the 1st things I looked for when I got the droid .. Disappointing ....

wankerstjerne

Reaction score
I don't get it...there is obviously a pretty serious dictionary as the predictive text is vast......but no spell check? Even VZW's embedded OS's on there semi-smart phones knew that was a must. Incredible I have to consider abandoning one of the best preforming devices to come out of the VZ barn in a long time over something so stupid...... Does TMobiles droid OS devices have Spell Check (Just curious if it is a Google Flaw, or VZ spec flaw?) Not being able to spell my way out of a BAG....anyone with any ideas...I am all ears.

bgphotoo

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been answered before, but can someone tell me why we still do not have spell check on this phone??? I am so frustrated that something so common on the blackberry, is still not available on android!

rome784

Reaction score
I'm a awful speller, That is one thing I love about my blackberry it does a spell check on all my misspelled words. I never had an android phone before and I was just wondering if there is any kind of spell check on any of the android phones or just the bionic itself? I can't wait to get this phone it will be my first dorid ever and I'm ready for something new...Thanks for your help.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I'm a awful speller, That is one thing I love about my blackberry it does a spell check on all my misspelled words. I never had an android phone before and I was just wondering if there is any kind of spell check on any of the android phones or just the bionic itself? I can't wait to get this phone it will be my first dorid ever and I'm ready for something new...Thanks for your help.

I'm pretty certain the stock android keyboard has spellcheck and I'm typing this to you using the SwiftKey X keyboard that is available with not only spellcheck but text prediction. Android gives you the choice of a bunch of different keyboards.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

rome784

Reaction score

I'm pretty certain the stock android keyboard has spellcheck and I'm typing this to you using the SwiftKey X keyboard that is available with not only spellcheck but text prediction. Android gives you the choice of a bunch of different keyboards.

Ok cool, thanks man

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

Ok cool, thanks man

Anytime, hopefully the Bionic doesn't disappoint you.