Speed Dialing

Oh! One Eleven

Reaction score
All of my previous phones could be set-up to do one button dialing. Is this an option on the Droid? If so, can someone tell me how? Thank you.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
The only option available is a DIRECT DIAL or DIRECT MESSAGE which can only be added to one of your home screens. From any blank area on the screen touch and HOLD until a ADD TO HOME SCREEN box pops up. From there go to SHORTCUTS then do DIRECT DIAL.

This allows you to select the contact to dial. If you have multiple numbers within a contact it still displays each number separately (so you will see some names multiple times). Once you select the contact an icon appears on the screen and you can move it around like all the others.

It's a little tricky to figure out at first but after that it's super easy! The touch and hold on the home screen opens up access to those short cuts, folders, widgets, etc.

Have fun, hope this helped!

OP
O

Oh! One Eleven

Reaction score
PERFECT! Thank you much. Once you said how to do it, it was sooooo very easy to do. Again, thank you.

southbend44

Reaction score
Tap dialer has worked pretty well for me. You just have to remember how many taps to the screen are required for who you want to call.

craigtaz

Reaction score
I had several phone numbers programmed on my old cell phone that would dial a business number, pause, and then dial the necessary extension. I can't figure out how to do that with the Droid. Can anyone help?

Skymutt

Reaction score
Hit the menu key when dialing the number in phonepad, you get the option for a 2 second pause. Then save the number. Alternately, in a contact, place a comma after the number for each 2 seconds you want to pause.

texasPI

Reaction score
Yes you can add pauses to a number. Go to edit contact then click on the field for the telephone number. You then get a dialpad looking keyboard. In the lower left corner of that there is a button with symbols. Hit that and it has an option for pause and wait.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Or in the contact edit the phone number

(xxx)xxx-xxxx,,ext#

Each , is a pause.