speaker plate loose?

ahwang

Reaction score
Hi--I just wanted to check with you all before I go to the verizon store and waste an hour...

On my droid, the plate covering the speaker pushes in near the middle; everywhere else it is study but in that spot i can push it in with my finger... is it just me or is that how it is?

Also, if I were to get my phone replaced, is there something I can do to speed up the process...? or are they quick/good about replacements? (and correct me if i'm wrong, but i am assuming there is no restocking fee for a hardware defect)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope, mine doesn't budge at all. I've poked it and with pretty good pressure too. Seems like it's just your unit.

You shouldn't be charged within the 30 days, which the Droid still falls under. As for the process/time, I have no clue. They'll probably ask you questions regarding if you did something to the phone blah blah blah.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
Hi--I just wanted to check with you all before I go to the verizon store and waste an hour...

On my droid, the plate covering the speaker pushes in near the middle; everywhere else it is study but in that spot i can push it in with my finger... is it just me or is that how it is?

Also, if I were to get my phone replaced, is there something I can do to speed up the process...? or are they quick/good about replacements? (and correct me if i'm wrong, but i am assuming there is no restocking fee for a hardware defect)

thats the hollow part of the phone for the sound to come out.. the rest of the grill is, i believe, just attatched directly to the back of the phone for support for the speaker hole..

mine is the same thing.. i noticed it a few days ago and was gonna go back to verizon to exchange it till i realized what its for..