soo....anybody think we will see ICS next week??

bamafan39

Reaction score
Could you point me to a step by step forum or video please? I don't want to sound needy but I've never rooted so I don't want to screw anything up..
download thisMotofail for ICS.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download.... extract it to your desktop and double click on RUN.BAT and you should get a window that says hit any key to continue..make sure your phone has usb debugging checked and hook it to your computer and put your phone in charge only mode wich in ics its mtp mode and hit any key and watch your phone get rooted! let it go through the whole process untill it says hit any key to continue again and when you do the window disappears and your phone is now rooted!

Last edited:

jayrod

Reaction score
Still can't figure your battery life. We did basically everything the same way at the same time and mine is stellar. Are you at 1.0 or 1.2? If 1.2 you should try underclocking back to 1.0 before you give up!

Not trying to hijack..but...
Really dumb questions, but does under clocking help much?

Also, I noticed there are 5 slots for the CPU.. kinda wondering how much of a difference there is between the phones processor and one of an Intel/AMD processor . I have had this phone since launch and Rom toolbox almost as long, but never actually looked at it ( I think it came with a liberty Rom and I just kept meaning to check it out)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ignore the pictures since you can't see them well.. guess I didn't attach correctly

Last edited:

bamafan39

Reaction score
under volting does...im at 1.2 with tweakers oc and battery life was horrible...instead of under clocking i dropped the mv down to about 1363 and battery is better..may can go lower i havn't tried!

jayrod

Reaction score
I'll have to check on that. I haven't been on .232 long, but decided today to test how well it does under my normal routine of browsing with and without wifi,pictures ,phone calls and texts. It's at around 20% now after being on a stock battery for 9 1/2 hours..so I can't tell if that's good or bad seeing as I got kinda the same with .902..had better with .905

bamafan39

Reaction score
battery was for sure better on 905 but that was it.on 232 everything is so much better its just battery sucked especially after i got 4g. and my phone was one of the unlucky ones that that stayed at 1.0 ghz.so when tweakers came out i wanted to oc to 1.2 ghz but it chomped my battery so razz1 said undervolting helps battery and i tried and he was right.im still at 1.2 but undervolted and battery is better..im going to try dropping it some more to see if it gets better without messing up performance!

Reaction score
bamafan39 said:
download thisMotofail for ICS.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download.... extract it to your desktop and double click on RUN.BAT and you should get a window that says hit any key to continue..make sure your phone has usb debugging checked and hook it to your computer and put your phone in charge only mode wich in ics its mtp mode and hit any key and watch your phone get rooted! let it go through the whole process untill it says hit any key to continue again and when you do the window disappears and your phone is now rooted!

Thanks!!:)

jayrod

Reaction score
under volting does...im at 1.2 with tweakers oc and battery life was horrible...instead of under clocking i dropped the mv down to about 1363 and battery is better..may can go lower i havn't tried!

Dumb question.. I'm just rooted on stock . 232..any idea of there is an app for non custom ROMs? My searches only showed results for custom.

jayrod

Reaction score
Sorry..my Examples.. Voltage control and Tegrak overclock from the play store both say custom kernals..no mention of ROMs..and of course neither show voltage controls on a bionic .. but unless I'm really dumb...Rom Toolbox doesn't either, so I figured there was something I was missing and it had to be part of a custom ROM ( Blackhole, etc.)

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I would believe all roms are custom since they are built. I'd your looking to overclock i would use "tweakerz oc". I'm oc at 1.4 and its super stable. Plus you can also change voltage. A module needs to be added to Kernal to change voltage and oc. ROM toolbox can only do so much not a true oc without modules added to Kernel. Since we have a locked bootloader all that can be done is adding a module right now. No custom kernals with locked bootloader.

oDECREEx

Reaction score
Okay so just a little train of thought... If Motorola is "perfecting" the ics update.. How are they going to do do so without a process of trial and error... They seriously can't expect to just release an update that has 0 problems with anything right? They'd have to lease updates to work off of.. Like I said, just some thought.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I would believe all roms are custom since they are built. I'd your looking to overclock i would use "tweakerz oc". I'm oc at 1.4 and its super stable. Plus you can also change voltage. A module needs to be added to Kernal to change voltage and oc. ROM toolbox can only do so much not a true oc without modules added to Kernel. Since we have a locked bootloader all that can be done is adding a module right now. No custom kernals with locked bootloader.

OK Jay, I Thought I had it installed, but I think I've just got the "extra" modules (govs, etc) and the init.d but I don't think I have the actual OC module yet, because when I open tweakerz it doesn't give me the gui, it just gives me a load and unload module page, what am I missing? Is there something I need to script in scripter like we did in GB? What's the actual name of the zip for the ICS modded projekt opp module and do you have it or a link?

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
actually it looks the like the stuck people are really stuck. oh well, at least I got the governors and I still think that my 2910 quadrant peak a 1.0 Ghz is a more impressive butterzone than 3500ish running at 1400Mhz, thatz 400 mhz more processor speed/current/heat, almost half again, for about a 1/7 benchmark increase

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Yeah i understand what you're saying but this phone is not going to exponentially jump because of being oc. It will never score like my cousins stock gs3 at 1.4 his phone scored 4706 the other day. I would love to see how many people run a benchmark of 3506 or higher oc bionic. And If someone does i would really want to see there setup!!!