Someone please give me your input.

chanerade

Reaction score
Ok, I've had my DROID x since november and have loved every min of it, but for the last 3 weeks my reception has been VERY inconsistent and it drives me crazy, it used to be perfect, but now im lucky to have 2-3 bars, in areas where it would normally be fine, I've called Verizon twice about it and they don't really help..is this a known problem? Can Verizon get me a new X? Is this a phone issue or a service issue, any help is greatly appreciated..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

izzo540

Reaction score
Sounds like a phone issue if you know that you used to consistently get better service in one area and now its less. That definitely sounds like a radio communication issue which could definitely be hardware related. They wont sent you a replacement droid because of that because they will say it could just be satellite issues.. But what you can do is say that you're having random software glitches [if the phone is stock] you can say that it is randomly restarting and that you've tried several different batteries for days at a time.. Before doing that though, double check the warranty policy, apparently they just went all Stalin on that beyatch and now if you fart on the phone they will bill you for the replacement.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Did you try to do an update? *228 and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
Do u have anyone near u using verizon, see how they r doing, specifically where u are, hopefully they have trouble too...assemble a complaint squad. I did the same thing with twenty friends and all of my family, we all threatened to drop verizon..24hrs later, problem solved. Again this is provided that you are not alone. I also agree with *228, sometimes it helps.

Last edited:
OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon, their sending me a new one tommorow, which is awesome, now I gotta figure out how to get back to stock, im trying to figure out the team black hat rsd lite and how to sbf

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP:

Is this causing your phone to drop calls? Are your text messages going through?

I have 2 or 3 bars all the time. It's just the way it is in my area. Unless you're have a problem with it, there is no need to worry about it.

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
Yea dude, dropped calls and my service is really sketchy, its been this way for like 3 weeks, so im excited to get a new X

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
Im usually 1 bar or searching for service now.