Someone installed Gingerbread 4.5.588? (If You)

belanova

Reaction score
Hi I want to install this buts this is official by VZ? and whats different? i is recommended<---I I Want?

turdbogls

Reaction score
i am confused by the last part of your statement.

this has NOT been confirmed by VZW, however it is a VZW OTA update. it just may not be the final version of 2.3.3 that is going to be pushed to every Droid X.

difference between this and stock 2.2.1? TONS, lots of new blur features, different look, native copy/paste overall performance boost and battery life should be better, and a lot of behind the scenes upgrades.

difference between this and the leaked 2.3.3, different 3G icon and i have heard it boots faster, and is more stable and less bugs than the leak.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
basically this isn't a VZW build. its an early Moto build. Same thing happened with the Evo. They do a bunch of smaller test pushes to a few people, which obviously get spread to the community. but these leaked builds from the phone manufacturers are a few build orders below the actual release. So i wouldn't get oo hyped up about this, other than the fact that the REAL VZW gingerbread could be on the way very very soon. again all depends. And besides from doing a little research, there really isn't any differences between the newest leak and the older leak. just a few ascetics and such. there may be a small small performance boost, but not worth not having root for. once p3 gets root out for this leak, it may be worth it. but for now... there's no big difference that'd warrant searching high and low for the update. because it also seems that many sites are pulling the update off cuz it violates the sites ToS. So... just wait it out or have someone send it to you.

fox_dye

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that P3Droid already has this rooted. At least that's what he posted on his twitter.

Sent from a galaxy far far away........