Someone can use Fring, Nimbuzz or Skype to make calls?

jolavo

Reaction score
I cannot use Skype, Fring or Nimbuzz at my Milestone... is that possible now? or this programs has not compatibibility whit milestone??? even in the last version of each one...

rsilves

Reaction score
I cannot use Skype, Fring or Nimbuzz at my Milestone... is that possible now? or this programs has not compatibibility whit milestone??? even in the last version of each one...

What do you mean by "cannot use"?
I can login with both, can place calls with both, but the big bug is that they don't seem to receive audio from the microphone, so I can listen to what the other person says but cannot talk. Yeah, that's somehow an inability to use Skype, but I don't know if you refer to that same problem.

Luck,
Rodrigo.

OP
J

jolavo

Reaction score
I cannot make normal calls VOIP like we do at iphone...the program open and find all my contacts but no way to make conversations twoway...I delete the applications waiting a resolution to the bugs...and to free espace at my phone...
I installed all apps from market...loogin normaly...find my contacts..no error messages.. but no way to make regular conversations...
Any other solution??? what we can do now to make VOIP whit ours skype contacts?

rsilves

Reaction score
no way to make conversations twoway...
Do you mean the mic is not working with these apps?

I installed all apps from market...loogin normaly...find my contacts..no error messages.. but no way to make regular conversations...
But how do you realise it doesn't work?
Does it try to call but the receiver doesn't ring?
Does the app close?
You don't have a button to make a call???
Does an angel appear when you try to call and tells you "there is no way to make regular calls!"? :p

You have to explain that in detail. If not, it is like if you go to a doctor and say "it hurts" (what hurts?) "It just hurts, it started yesterday".

Rodrigo.

OP
J

jolavo

Reaction score
Ok Rodrigo

Now I feel good beacause a angel like you can help me hear and be heard using fring, nimbuzz or skype whit my milestone...

I proftt to ask you? Can you use your Fring to make calls, and hear the other side?

Like a Doctor, who I am when my patients say it hurts my knee, or I have pain at my knee...I only ask some questions and after that I make a physical exam direct to the knee ( fring, skype, nimbuzz) after that, most of times I have a preliminaries diagnostics done to my patient...you must do that: operate or not.. continue using or not these apps

Olavo

...:::CTO-Clinica de Traumatologia e Ortopedia:::....

Olavo

chrome___

Reaction score
same here

Skype voice calls via fring do not work for me.
Symptoms:

* connection setup succeeds
* I hear the callees voice, although with a delay of ~2-4 sec
* The callee is unable to hear me

I'm using a Motorola Milestone connected to my local Wifi (which otherwise runs fine).

Is there anything I can do about this? Has anyone the same problem with fring? Or should I try nimbuzz?

TIA,
peter.

Raullugo

Reaction score
Skype voice calls via fring do not work for me.
Symptoms:

* connection setup succeeds
* I hear the callees voice, although with a delay of ~2-4 sec
* The callee is unable to hear me

I'm using a Motorola Milestone connected to my local Wifi (which otherwise runs fine).

Is there anything I can do about this? Has anyone the same problem with fring? Or should I try nimbuzz?

TIA,
peter.

I experience the exact same problem with fring! Call connects but person on the other end can hear me even when I can hear them.
I tried Nimbuzz but did not work for me. The calls connect but neither me or the pearson on the other end can hear anything. Frustrating! I just cant use Skype on my Milestone. Do all android phones have the same issue?

rsilves

Reaction score
I proftt to ask you? Can you use your Fring to make calls, and hear the other side?
As I said before:
I can listen but the other person cannot hear me. That's: there is a problem with the outgoing audio.
Same problem with Nimbuzz and Fring.

I hoped this was fixed sooner, my Nokia 5800 could handle Skype calls over those apps with no problems.

Rodrigo.

rsilves

Reaction score
I might be a little naive but have you tried using the handsfree? Thus avoiding using the built in mic to see if there's an API/driver issue?
Forgot to mention I tried that too, with Nimbuzz (couldn't find any speakerphone button in Fring), no success.

Should we try complaining directly to those software makers? :)

Rodrigo.

boolean22

Reaction score
I might be a little naive but have you tried using the handsfree? Thus avoiding using the built in mic to see if there's an API/driver issue?
Forgot to mention I tried that too, with Nimbuzz (couldn't find any speakerphone button in Fring), no success.

Should we try complaining directly to those software makers? :)

Rodrigo.
I meant the headphones wired handsfree. Using the speakerphone would still use the inbuilt mic.

Guurzak

Reaction score

I can login with both, can place calls with both, but the big bug is that they don't seem to receive audio from the microphone, so I can listen to what the other person says but cannot talk. Yeah, that's somehow an inability to use Skype, but I don't know if you refer to that same problem.

Luck,
Rodrigo.

I've run into exactly this same problem with my Google Voice + Gizmo + SipSorcery + SipDroid setup: phone registers to SIP, I can place or receive calls, but audio is one way only: I can hear but not speak.

I wonder if there's something weird going on in the guts of the droid where the mic is not accessible to a voip client in the way you'd expect.

bemymonkey

Reaction score

Luck,
Rodrigo.

I've run into exactly this same problem with my Google Voice + Gizmo + SipSorcery + SipDroid setup: phone registers to SIP, I can place or receive calls, but audio is one way only: I can hear but not speak.

I wonder if there's something weird going on in the guts of the droid where the mic is not accessible to a voip client in the way you'd expect.

Hmmm, SipDroid is working fine here on my Milestone - it's only Skype via Fring and Nimbuzz that aren't working. Are you hooked up via PBXes.org? That did the trick for me... Now if only Skype would work...