Some questions...

LordieJJ

Reaction score
Sorry if these have been posted before but i have some questions...
Has anyone else felt that their power button is getting pretty lose?

Also, on my LG Dare there was a box next to my texts that would have a check mark if the person read the text. There anyway to do this on the droid?

Thanks!

Reaction score
First, Welcome to the forum! About the power button it shouldnt be getting loose at all. ive had my droid for a couple of months now and the button still seems normal. Now as for the messaging app i havent seen a thing like that. Google is your friend. Just look stuff up and ud be suprised on what you find..

Enter

Reaction score
Are you sure that is what the check meant? Could it possibly just be an indicator that the message was successfully sent?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
After reading your post, I messed with my power button, it wiggles a little bit, but not to the point that I'd worry about it being loose...It's a button, it's gonna have some play in it. As long as it doesn't fall off, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

As for messaging, you can go into the menu from the stock messaging app and select "Delivery Reports" for texts, but that will simply let you know that the message was delivered, not read. "Read Reports" are apparently only available for MMS messages.

Not sure if they provide it, but Handcent and ChompSMS are two very popular messaging replacements that you might want to look into. They both offer some different options and unique features, but not guarantee on the read reports.

I just wait for a response, then I know it's read...Haha!