New droid owner, have a few questions that FAQ doesnt answer

diecast92

Reaction score
Ok....I just got a new droid about a week ago. I love the phone and think it's great... However, I do have a few questions. I just upgraded from an LG Dare and have found that some of the commands are much easier on that phone. As trivial as these may sound to some of you, I hope all of you can help me out.

1. How do I forward a text message? I get alot of text messages from my buddies and I like to forward them to other friends. I can't figure out how to do this for the life of me.

2. When creating a text/picture message, how do I open the contact list to simply check which people I want to send it to? With my dare, I could do just that. I can't figure this out and the owners manual says nothing of it. This is a big downer for me. PLEASE HELP ME HERE!!

3. When I get pictures messages from my buddies, they look blurry or grainy on my droid. When I had my LG Dare, they were clear as hell. Is there a setting that makes them show up more clear when I'm viewing them?

I appreciate everyones help on these. I love the DROID, but these issues really are annoying me. Hopefully they are a simple fix ! Thanks in advance!

murflee33

Reaction score
1. I use handcent and what I do is: just hold down on the message and push copy text and then i simply just paste it wherever it is needed.

2.not sure sorry:(

3. again im not to sure, my pictures look pretty decent but maybe my freinds are using a different phone or somthing?

only really answered #1 but i hope it helps a little bit

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
To forward a text open the message and long press on it. Forwarding option is in there.

I don't think there is a way to send messages to multiple people. Best thing to do is compose and then copy the text by long pressing and select copy all. Then paste it into each message. Yeah it is a PITA but I don't know of any other way.

spacehopper51

Reaction score
1. As above, the long pressing option.
2. I use Handcent to txt, and when you go to the "Compose" option, it brings up a list where you can check off the contacts you want.
3. Try possibly touching the picture in your txt app, and opening it with the Picture Viewing app.

ps. You should definitely consider download Handcent SMS from the Marketplace and using it as your primary txt app. It is way better than the default app in the opinions of me and others. If you decide to use it and have questions, I am sure the answers are somewhere around here, but you can PM if you are wondering also.

Last edited:

Guchi

Reaction score
get handcent for sms it has what you want

the droid screen may make lower res photos that look good on a lesser screen appear grainy or blurry since the resolution is so high

hope that helps

_atlas

Reaction score
To forward a text open the message and long press on it. Forwarding option is in there.

I don't think there is a way to send messages to multiple people. Best thing to do is compose and then copy the text by long pressing and select copy all. Then paste it into each message. Yeah it is a PITA but I don't know of any other way.

You were right about forwarding messages...just open up the thread of texts, select the text you want to forward and long press. a menu will pop up giving you several options including forwarding.

As for sending a message to multiple people, you just add the name in the "To:" field. You can add more than one, and it automatically separates each recipient by a comma. But as for a sort of "checklist" where you put a check mark next to the contact names when looking at your phone book, there isn't anything like that on the droid.

listenman20

Reaction score
to send messages to multiple ppl just keep adding names in the "to" box. if you notice it automatically puts a separator behind your contacts name. just start typing your next contact. it's just like using email.

spacehopper51

Reaction score
As for sending a message to multiple people, you just add the name in the "To:" field. You can add more than one, and it automatically separates each recipient by a comma. But as for a sort of "checklist" where you put a check mark next to the contact names when looking at your phone book, there isn't anything like that on the droid.

Wrong. Refer to my post above. It's in Handcent.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Wrong. Refer to my post above. It's in Handcent.

The OP might not be running Handcent though.

And listenman20 and atlas are right. Forgot all about that. You can just start typing names in the To: field and touch the one you want. Then start typing another, and so on.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Get handscent, it is worth it.

1. as they said, long press on message and it will bring up a menu and you will see forward there.
2.When using handscent app, when you hit compose next to the "to" box there is a plus, tap that and it will bring up your contacts so all you have to do is just check a box next to their name.
3. i believe this has to do with the droid having higer res screen vs other phones. Take a crappy SD pic on try to put it on a 1080p tv and it is all distorted and grainy looking.
4. This phone does take a little longer to set up the way you like it VS a regular phone with text capibilities. Give it time and you will have it dialed in and navigating menus like a pro!