Some ICS issues I'm having

amusedone

Reaction score
Since I updated to ICS on my RAZR I've noticed some strange goings on with my phone.
First it will randomly make my notification tone several times (like 8+) in rapid succession. If I check my phone there was nothing to notify me of- no texts, emails, new voicemails, missed calls, updates-nothing.
Next, for some reason after I reply to a text there is a small keyboard that appears in my notification bar that will not go away until I unlock my phone. However when I unlock my phone it disappears. Dropping down the notification bar it says select input method in bold and beneath it it says swype. If clicked it closes the notification bar and does nothing else, when I unlock my phone the input method menu appears (only if I click the notification before unlocking the phone though). Note : I use handcent and reply in a pop-up that doesn't require me to unlock the phone to reply, if I don't open the keyboard (I.e. read a text and close the window but don't reply) the icon doesn't appear. I also use swype. (I'm a touch compulsive and can't have notifications showing or it drives me crazy, unlocking is rather inconvenient to make it go away.)
I'm still having connectivity problems, but that's not new with ICS. :)

Any ideas on what is causing the notification tones or the input method icon to appear every time?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you disable notifications in the stock messaging APP? You could be getting those in the background and not seeing them.

As for that icon, it pops up every time the keyboard is being used to allow you to change the input type. It is probably getting confused by those pop up messages that Handcent allow, I use GoSMS and they offer those too but I don't use them.

OP
A

amusedone

Reaction score
Yep. Stock messaging got disabled a long time ago.
The notification tone is usually spaced out from any 'real' notifications by a few minutes at least. It usually happens later on in the evening/at night. It's particularly annoying when I'm trying to sleep, as I have difficulty sleeping most nights.
I never noticed that it popped up other times I was using the keyboard, of course I had to go test it to see. I have no idea how I didn't notice it before, guess I type with some hardcore focus on whatever I'm doing. It seems that it disappears as soon as the keyboard is closed, now to figure out how to make it go away without unlocking the phone. It won't 'swipe' away in the drop down.
Thanks!

Last edited: