Social Application Sync/Background data

dannyro

Reaction score
In the interest of saving some battery life, I am toying with option of turning social application sync (effectively off) by checking "sync over wifi only". I dont really ever use a wifi connection. I only use Facebook-what exactly are the implications of this? When I open Facebook, will it then sync? Or if i want to post something, will it work?

I am also thinking of turning off "enable background data". What exactly are the implications of this in regard to widgets (like news, Fancy widget, etc). Sirius seems to still stream in the background with no issue. So, what will I lose by unchecking this? Will email or txt delivery be slow?

Thanks all!

debrad0307

Reaction score
if you want to same some battery life the best thing to do is manage the widgets you have on your home screen. i noticed on my DX that if i have a lot of widgets opened my battery will drain quick. i only have fancy widgets, facebook and app brain running on the home screen. i used to have a battery widget and latitude running but i recently took them off and noticed that my battery lasts awhile. i usually don't mess with the running processes. advanced task killer used to help but i got tired or pushing that droid guy all the time to kill the running tasks.