Data syncing

ColinZack

Reaction score
I tried searching, but couldn't find anything. I saw someone write in one of these posts on battery life that reducing the intervals that your phone syncs data at would increase battery life. Right now I have sync turned off for email and I just manually do that, but how can I do that for things like weather and facebook (possibly others too)?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For facebook it should be within the facebook app/settings/refresh interval--I am not sure about the weather

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weather syncs every 2 hours, I really doubt that pushing that out further is going to give you anymore significant battery life. I'm not sure about facebook.

I don't know if you've seen me post this before but you are really fighting a losing battle. if it's not showing up as being an issue on your battery usage then it simply isn't an issue.

What you should do is accept the fact that smart phones eat up a lot of battery and do it quickly. The way you're going shutting things down you will have no more then a regular phone.

Here's what I did. I went to Amazon.com, got a spare battery (8.00), got a charging cradle (MiKradle - charger not included) about 30.00, and I purchased a wall battery charger off ebay for 5.00.

When my Droid is not in use it sits in it's cradle, charging. When I have it away from the cradle I use it as much and as often as I please. The only thing I have turned off is bluetooth and GPS but if I need them, I turn them on. Yesterday I had to use my Droid as a GPS and I had it running for a good 45 minutes. I went down 10% in power. By end of day I was at 50% power and when I went to bed I was at 30% power.

I didn't have to but I did change batteries at that point and I was set for as long as I wanted to go for the evening. When I went to sleep, phone went back into the cradle and fully charged by morning.

Yes, it cost a little bit of money but for the peace of mind it gives you it's well worth it.

OP
C

ColinZack

Reaction score
Yeah, I realize that, and its fine. Just wondering if I could get a little extra battery out of it. The weather thing is fine and I don't have the facebook app so everything seems set, was just wondering. Hopefully 2.2 will fix the GPS, wifi, etc. bugs so I can keep those on all the time.

liferefugee

Reaction score
go get juice defender. It will allow you to shut down your data and only let things run for a little bit every so often. At most I only see that giving me an extra 15% battery life unless I have left my phone in standby for awhile then that can jump to 25%. Invest in a good car charger that puts out 1 amp so you can charge your phone in the car while using it as much as you want. I was at 40% when I left work today, streamed pandora, locked the screen to on, turned on bluetooth, wifi, gps and after my 40 min trip home was at 80%. I get about 4.5 hours of constant screen on data use out of my battery, which on a non work day lasts me half the day, so I also invested in the spare battery and charger... though I did get the spare battery from VZ, since I didnt trust an $8 battery in my $500 phone.