Soaking Wet Nexus!

gloveman

Reaction score
As the heading suggests, My new Sexy Nexy got soaking wet yesterday. Left it in a golf cart since the cart girl was hurrying us along after finishing our round of golf. Once I remembered I had left my phone in the cart and went to get it, she had already sprayed the cart off and put it away. At first I wasn't too concerned since the phone was up underneath the dash and it couldn't have gotten too wet there. Well, I was wrong. It was soaked.

Long story short. I took the battery out brought it home and stuck it in a bag of white rice for 24 hours. Just turned it on and it's working like a Champ.

Moral of the story, the rice trick works. Just haven't ever had to test it out before now.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I cringed when I read the title of this thread. :blink: Glad to hear that the rice trick worked! DancingNexus

KOBALT

Reaction score
My dad dropped his iPod in the toilet when he was wasted. I told him about the rice and it worked too. Lololol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
G

gloveman

Reaction score
You put the phone in the rice or the battery?

Actually both, the phone and the battery. The phone didn't get wet enough to change the water mark inside the battery compartment, so if for some reason down the road I do have problems, my insurance should take care of it.

Nervous situation non-the-less, since it got wet enough to power it down. Even after wiping it down and thinking it was OK to power back up, it still wasn't working properly. The rice did the trick though, and has been working properly all evening.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Actually both, the phone and the battery. The phone didn't get wet enough to change the water mark inside the battery compartment, so if for some reason down the road I do have problems, my insurance should take care of it.

Nervous situation non-the-less, since it got wet enough to power it down. Even after wiping it down and thinking it was OK to power back up, it still wasn't working properly. The rice did the trick though, and has been working properly all evening.

Even if it had water damage insurance would cover it. The warranty is the only thing that is voided if it has water damage.