So who's leading the screen protector race?

OjaiMama

Reaction score
Well with all this talk of the screens...has anyone looked into how to protect the camera? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Incredible but holy cow...can the camera stick out any farther? I'm so nervous to scratch that. Any suggestions?

Lyons1747

Reaction score
WOW that went fast, :icon_eek: I think they sold out in under an hour. Either that or they accidentally started taking orders and realized just how many people have been waiting for these, and got overwhelmed. I will let you know if they send me any information about any delays with the order I placed. I couldn't decide between the crystal or anti-fingerprint so I ordered both to see which I prefer.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
General consensus seems to be that the crystal does a pretty good job at eliminating fingerprints as does the anti fingerprint but the anti fingerprint gives the screen a dullness or a blur at certain angles. I don't want to be able to tell its there, thats where the crystal shines....or doesn't :) (so to speak)

69Sting

Reaction score
Anyone using the KeyRing app? or any other app that lets a scanner scan your phone. trying to figure out the best screen saver for this. The Verizon 3pak style seem to glare too much and I can't get the app to work. Store scaners won't pick up the app bar codes.

Gatsby

Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and try the anti-fingerprint.....my (new) replacement phone arrived and I want some type of protection from Murphy's law when I start to use it

Gatsby

Reaction score
try again

SGP is again NOW taking orders for Steinheil Crystal.

They were overwhelmed with the first rush!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Well with all this talk of the screens...has anyone looked into how to protect the camera? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Incredible but holy cow...can the camera stick out any farther? I'm so nervous to scratch that. Any suggestions?

If you have any left over screen protectors (maybe from a 3 pack) you could probably just cut out a circle of it and apply it to the lens yourself! Just use a thin sharpie and do your best at tracing :D

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I ordered my Steinheil Crystal around 10:25 am yesterday. Glad i got one before they ran out. Especially with how much i have been promoting their product over on IncredibleForum.com lol.

jasonb

Reaction score
i got tired of waiting for the stienheil's so i just ordered the Clarivue ultra clear ones. they are the same style as the stienheils.

pdoyle

Reaction score
my first Verizon protector seemed fine for 4 months; then got glare. Replaced with another verizon protector; still have glare; and many bubbles i can't remove.

Detonation

Reaction score
I went awhile w/o using a screen protector due to the hardness level of the screen and how difficult it truly is to scratch it. The reason I finally decided to get a screen protector? Fingerprints. Bottom line, default screen harvests the very oil from your fingers and gathers it in masses making it a constant war to wipe them off.

So I did my research and found a company which is truly top of the line. I now swear by Phantomskinz. The one problem w/ almost every screen protectoor is that their hardness level is poor and instead of fingerprint harvesting the protectors COLLECT scratches and scuffs. The key to Phantomskinz is the technology. Phantom Skinz are made from Durable “Self Healing” film technology that allows most dings and scratches to “heal” after a 24 hour period. These things Kick some Frelling Arse!

There is a difficulty level at putting the screen protectors on, you will find its similar to tinting a car. Follow the directions or have a good friend do it. To this day I can barely ever tell I even have a screen protector!

Check it out! You can go extreme and get a full body protector or like me just nab the two screen protectors for under $10 I believe.

PhantomSkinz

PhantomSkinz is garbage. They are only scratch resistant while all the others are scratch proof. The self healing think is a bunch of bs.

Based on your "review" it sounds like you work for PhantomSkinz, so your post (advertisement) is worthless anyways...

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
yup never had any luck with phantomskinz... always look like garbage after a couple of weeks, never much self heal.

anyway, got my steinheil today and just got done putting it on... very happy with it. Went on without any trouble or air bubbles. However there is a little bit of an air bubble effect around the trackball, not all the way around but at about 5 and 10 o'clock. Its super clear and cant at tell its on really. There is a little bit of a different feel for sure, but nothing too drastic... nothing compared to the rubbery ones like the zagg...

I'm very happy with it.