So who's leading the screen protector race?

lenval

Reaction score
Difference between $25 - SGP Shield/$11 - Crystal

Hello,

My family just ordered a few Droids and I didn't know there were premium shields available so I did what I always do, bought the cheapest thing on Ebay. My wife is now complaining about dust/fingerprints/bubbles etc... After reading this forum I want to get a Steinheil Crystal shield.

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the difference between the $25 SGP Shield and the $11 Crystal/Anti-fingerprint shields.

I understand the crystal / anti-fingerprint differences, however, the SGP Shield's hard coated optical enchancement and extreme duraction soft skin doesn't really compel me to spend and extra $14 on the SGP Shield. Are the $11 crystals not as hard coated or something?

I was wondering if any of you have the more expensive one and are amazed with it, and why?

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Nevermind my question, after further reading further down the product(s) pages I found the answer(s). Thanks again!

Last edited:

chimera

Reaction score
Are there any good screen protectors that use static cling to attach to the screen instead of an adhessive? ZaGG, Steinheil, and the others mentioned seen to be adhessive based, any static cling ones?

JMaxGoldman

Reaction score
Skinomi

I got a Skinomi from Amazon.com. It's fantastic. Easy to apply (if you can keep your hands off your Droid for 12 hours!). I don't even realize its there now.

dspcap

Reaction score
Detonation; said:
PhantomSkinz is garbage. They are only scratch resistant while all the others are scratch proof. The self healing think is a bunch of bs.

Based on your "review" it sounds like you work for PhantomSkinz, so your post (advertisement) is worthless anyways...

While I completely agree with you it sounds like an advertisement, I wouldn't call their product garbage. I've used their protectors for over a year and never had any problems. For me, it's about protecting the screen and I've never had any scratches while their protectors are on.

What bothers me more than advertisements, are when companies give their product away free and in return, they ask the person to do a "review" of their product on the forums. You can always tell who they are because they are hoping for more free stuff in the future. :icon_ banana:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Are there any good screen protectors that use static cling to attach to the screen instead of an adhessive? ZaGG, Steinheil, and the others mentioned seen to be adhessive based, any static cling ones?

Steinheil is NOT adhesive based. It is a static protector.

The only Steinheil product that is Adhesive based is the full body shield and even then the screen protector part of it is still static.

Unless Steinheil changed something since i bought a protector then what i said above is completely true. I have a Steinheil Crystal on my phone right now and have since they came out.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
What bothers me more than advertisements, are when companies give their product away free and in return, they ask the person to do a "review" of their product on the forums. You can always tell who they are because they are hoping for more free stuff in the future. :icon_ banana:

LOL why does that bother you? Is it because you aren't the one asked to do the review so you don't like it because you aren't getting the free product? Just because a company sends someone a product to do a review on does not mean they tell you to make their product look like the best on the market. The person reviewing the product says what they truly think of it and NOT what the company tells them to write about it.

dspcap

Reaction score
LOL why does that bother you? Is it because you aren't the one asked to do the review so you don't like it because you aren't getting the free product? Just because a company sends someone a product to do a review on does not mean they tell you to make their product look like the best on the market. The person reviewing the product says what they truly think of it and NOT what the company tells them to write about it.

It bothers me because some of the reviewers are not being completely honest, they are giving these glowing reviews in hopes of getting more free stuff.

I wasn't referring to you, but now that I see you have a review on the Innocase II... gotta ask, did you pay for your case? :)

Last edited:

PriscillaHalo

Reaction score
Phone Protection :)

I have found that the Body Glove phone cases are very protective, with a great handling grip! So you don't feel like your precious phone is going to slip through your fingers! We have to Protect our investments right?! So I also use a Zagg screen protector, along with my Body Glove case. A Terrif combo! Sometimes it's better, especially with an expensive phone to get the nicer screen protector; Better safe than sorry. Screen Protected, good grip! Ding, we have a winner! Hope this helps! PH :)