So whos Buying?

DaveB722

Reaction score
So should i gey the data plan? My droid is rooted and i have wireless tether. Or spend 20 a month as a fail safe. Plus i plan on getting the Thunderbolt soon, and it has hotspot capabilities. Will that b extra until rooted? Or is it free? Uggghhh!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep comparing it to the ipad... The ipad is no where close to what this is maybe the ipad 3 will be but that's doubtfull

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Because its the only other tablet its size to compare it to right now. I just got done using the Xoom for the last 4 hours, and comparing. Its a good machine but I have one issue with it.

Browser is choppy.
No excuse for these specs. It should be killing the smoothness of the ipad, but its the other way around.

I'm really a sucker for a smooth scrolling browser. Regardless of superior specs it doesn't matter in real world performance, if the software isn't optimize to use it.
At this time IOS is still a more optimize OS then Honeycomb, and runs smoother even on crappy specs.

Pretty disappointed right now, because I ripped open the Xoom box and couldn't wait to turn in on.

Now before someone starts the stupid fan boy crap, I am not bias or loyal to any one system or device. I have a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, Mac Book, DS, PSP. All I care about is performance in a UI more then anything.

Now if you can look past the choppiness then by all means look past my post, because I'm not trying to sway anyone elses decision, I was only describing on what bothered me with my first use of it.

Last edited:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Maybe future updates will fix that. Another thing I like about this being the "Nexus" of tablets is that hopefully it'll get updates first.

Donnie666

Reaction score
Just picked up mine! It is freaking awesome! I'm on it now.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

Tinninches

Reaction score
Picked mine up and took advantage of the employee pricing ($499) and picked up the 3gb plan for $17/mo in conjunction with my tethering app =)

daddyd302

Reaction score
Well I caved in and bought mine. I went to Best Buy first and of course, they only had them for pre-order customers. I went to Verizon and got it there for the full price.