So Who Is Keeping There Gnex

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a single issue, loving it. There's really no other phone which will give a similar experience to the OG in terms of updates and shelf life longevity.

newparadigm

Reaction score
Think about returning it mostly because I'm not a huge fan of the size, 4g battery drain, and honestly for what I use a phone for, it's not a massive upgrade from my Dinc running Omfgb.

But there's nothing else out there now or in the foreseeable future (particularly in regards battery issues) so I doubt I'll end up returning it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tbever

Reaction score
Keeper, as long as no connection issues show up at work! So far just dickin around the house and it works great except for some intermittent wifi issues. Trying to find a useable case still.

nleksan

Reaction score
Also coming from an OG Droid, this phone is incredible! I mean, the battery needs some serious improvement, and my signal will be -75dbm then suddenly -115dbm in a matter of seconds, without moving. These are clearly software issues, though, and they will get fixed... If anything, these issues will keep ICS Nexus-Exclusive even longer, as they won't be doing a widespread release if EVERYONE with an Android device suddenly gets as upset as some people here are!

I'm keeping it... Battery good or bad, I keep my charger in my coat pocket, and have a car lighter to USB adapter that makes charging anywhere a breeze.

haproot

Reaction score
Most definitely keeping. I have gotten great battery life with Bugless Beast and the 1.35 OC Apex kernel. Also using a profile in SetCpu that sets the clocks to 350 min/max when the screen is off.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
My wife and I both have the GNex. She came from the bionic and I from the X.... we are both definitely keeping it! Its like night and day compared to our previous phones. Not that they were bad, just that they can't compare to the experience of 4.0.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
easier question to answer would have been "who's not keeping their nexus".

WyldRyce

Reaction score
Definitely keeping mine. I have a Bionic also but I'm enjoying my Nexus so much more.

Leonidas

Reaction score
I like the phone and so its a keeper. I'm hoping that Verizon or Samsung or Google will fix the bugs. For me the main bug is extremely low volume on the Bluetooth. Also others report poor call quality when conversing with me. Samsung put a lot of thought into every feature of this phone except (apparently) for the things that relate to its operation as a phone! Does everything else great though.

stratjb

Reaction score
I'm keeping mine as well. My only gripe is the notification and ringer volumes have been combined in ICS. I did get the extended battery for 25 bucks but it wasn't even really needed. I also have had no reception problems with calls or 4G data for that matter. It's sad that some folks have had issues but I love mine.

droidtom

Reaction score
Mines phenomenal. Its a keeper

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk