So what are the best Genesis/SNES emulators?

minmongoblin

Reaction score
And if you're allowed to post such material, what are good links to ROM sites?

Also do any emulators support save states?

hipkik

Reaction score
If i am not mistaken there is only one (set) of emulators in the market, all made by the same person (Gensoid and Snesoid) both paid versions support save states...look here for roms

arty2hottie

Reaction score
If i am not mistaken there is only one (set) of emulators in the market, all made by the same person (Gensoid and Snesoid) both paid versions support save states...look here for roms

love the google thing you did when you click on look here. I would ask you how you do that but I guess i will just google it. LOL

Airlacher

Reaction score
OK so I'm new to this forum. In fact I joined just so I can figure out How to play snes and Genesis Roms on my Droid. I downloaded to emulator from the market. Then I tried to Dow load snes Roms from romnation.com. apparently my phone didn't support the file type. So I checked out coolrom.com. I got to Download a couple Roms I wanted and now when I try to open them the load fails. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then I tried to Dow load snes Roms from romnation.com. apparently my phone didn't support the file type. So I checked out coolrom.com. I got to Download a couple Roms I wanted and now when I try to open them the load fails. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!
I would suspect that discussing downloaded SNES ROM's isn't allowed here.

Airlacher

Reaction score
Then I tried to Dow load snes Roms from romnation.com. apparently my phone didn't support the file type. So I checked out coolrom.com. I got to Download a couple Roms I wanted and now when I try to open them the load fails. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!
I would suspect that discussing downloaded SNES ROM's isn't allowed here.

Oh sorry hope I didnt get anyone in trouble or anything.
Is there any advice as to some settings on my phone I need to change or something?

Taegost

Reaction score
If you download a ROM (Which is legal to have one "back up copy" in the US provided you also own a legitimate copy of the cartridge) then you need to find a place on your SD Card to put it.
I created a folder called ROMs, and under that, are separate folders for each emulator (NES, SNES, Gameboy, etc.) that I store the actual ROMs.
Most sites that you download them from, will have the ROMs compressed in either a .zip or .rar format, which the emulators can not read. You will need to use your favorite unzip program (On the Droid, it would either be AndroZip, or I believe Astro can handle them as well, or on a PC you'd need WinZip, WinRar, or 7Zip, something along those lines) to extract the .sfc file from the archive, and then place that file in the folder.
Here's an example:
1) I love Actraiser, but I don't want to pull my cartridge out of storage, so I go to www.<insert favorite ROM site here>.com and download actraiser.zip to my NexTheme flavored Kangerade dispenser to the /sdcard/ROMs folder
2) Open AndroZip and navigate to the ROMs folder
3) Extract actraiser.sfc from that file to ROMs/SNES
4) Open SNESOid and enjoy the god-like goodness!

On a related note, there is a company that is making a $15 add-on for the Droid that slips over the keyboard and gives you an actual controller with a d-pad, reviews of it look pretty good. I don't remember what it's called, but I'm sure it'll be easy to find if you click on the link in my sig :)