So new and feel so foolish

sjane39

Reaction score
Hi. Just got my droid 2 today and I feel brain dead using it.:) I'd like to ask a few questions. When I go to my emails, all I see are my old, read, ones. How can I change it to just read any new emails? Also, how do I download Ebay? I've tried to find it in Apps but can't. Thanks for any help you can give a Newbie and please be detailed with your answers as I am lucky, at this point, to be able to make a phone call! ;)

Thanks so much!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Open the email app and tap menu, tap settings, and look for display or view options.

I do not use eBay so I do not know if there is an eBay app. Have you searched the Market to see if one exists. Open the Market app and search eBay.

If one does not exist use the browser and create a bookmark.

Check out the entire Droid 2 section by clicking the Forum link above.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ebay has an Official Application - search the Market for Ebay

BTW - :welcome:

Canadroid

Reaction score
Hi. Just got my droid 2 today and I feel brain dead using it.:) I'd like to ask a few questions. When I go to my emails, all I see are my old, read, ones. How can I change it to just read any new emails? Also, how do I download Ebay? I've tried to find it in Apps but can't. Thanks for any help you can give a Newbie and please be detailed with your answers as I am lucky, at this point, to be able to make a phone call! ;)

Thanks so much!

Welcome to the forums, nice pick with that D2!!! :)

Your new emails should be getting pushed to the phone by Gmail on a pretty regular basis, (the interval for checking can changed in options somewhere). Not sure if you can filter for new ones only to show, I'll take a look.

OP
S

sjane39

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies! How would I get Ebay into a bookmark? In other words, if I want to search for an item on Ebay, how would I do that? Anybody out there an ebay shopper?? lol

Thanks again!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the app does not allow then open the browser and enter ebay. Once you find an item to bookmark tap menu, tap more, tap bookmark.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into your app drawer and select "Market" then search for and download the application called "ebay" after install open the app and shop ebay :)

OP
S

sjane39

Reaction score
Ebay Search

Thanks - I did find Ebay but the only search I can do is on the active auctions. I can't find the completed. Any suggestions? I have it on my old phone and can't use this one unless I am able to search completed auctions.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the eBay app? What was you old phone and how did you access the completed.

OP
S

sjane39

Reaction score
ebay

Its an old Motorola phone, not sure of the model. The screen came up and gave me the choice of active or completed auctions.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I looked at the eBay app in the market. The screen shots have the following headings:
Watching, selling, bidding, sold, won, unsold, did not win, scheduled. As I mentioned above, I do not use ebay but it seems to me sold is completed. Have you checked the app? It is free.

OP
S

sjane39

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Actually when it says sold, that is pertaining to the viewers items. But I was able to find completed - now I just have to remember where I found it. Today was an amusing day with my Droid. I was putting in my contacts after taking an hour to figure out how to do that, but then I landed up calling 1/2 of the contacts and not wanting to :) I still haven't figured out how to just view new emails rather than old ones. Also - is there a trick to erase a screen or a whole line or do I have to keep using Delete? My bigger question is : Will I ever know what I am doing???????? lol

Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you will get the hang of things. It may be easier to enter you contacts via you computer into Gmail/contacts then sync with your phone.

I'm not sure what is causing the email issue, sorry.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I still haven't figured out how to just view new emails rather than old ones.

To view my new emails, I use the sync button. Hit the menu button, when a box pops up hit settings. There should be an accounts & sync option, hit that for more options. Should be straight forward after that. All my new emails show at the top of the list. Hope this helps.