1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So, keeping GPS active IS a good thing. And It doesn't kill my battery neither.

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by droid d'oh, Mar 15, 2010.

1. droid d'oh

droid d'oh New Member

So I noticed today that All of my photos have been geotagged. Also, gps automatically comes on and shuts off when I use MyTracks and maps. It's really handy and apparently GPS is only active on-demand. I like it!
  2. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Yup. It is pointed out in most threads I've run across regarding GPS and battery life.
  3. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Yeah the GPS is only active when you see the icon for it running on the top bar. Other then that it is just running in standby mode which takes alittle power to keep active.
  4. stdesign

stdesign New Member

I did not know that! I was busy turning it on and off in the power control widget, but now I don't need to. Thanks for the tip.
Search tags for this page

android keep gps on

keep gps active android

samsung galaxy 3 geotagging