So I rooted my bionic...then it updated and my root is gone..but I can't reroot...

trinitywyle

Reaction score
So I'll try to keep this as clean as I can, I apologize if it's not.

I rooted my droid Bionic using pete's one click (all so I could use my phone as a hotspot). After a few weeks my phone updated and without thinking I installed it. Now my phone doesn't have the root, and I still have superuser as a system app (I CAN NOT delete via manage apps...) It wouldn't be a problem if I could UPDATE my phone to ICS but everytime I try to install it, my phone says that It can't and I think it's because superuser is still installed as a system app. I've tried the system restore and even going as far as deleting everything from my internal storage.

I've tried to reroot my phone using this ( How to Root Droid Bionic on Mac or Linux! | Droid Bionic Root ) but it continues to fail at step 2 every try.

I am pretty tech savvy but I'm no where near a great tech guy, but I cannot figure this out to save my life!!!

So am i pretty much screwed and either have to buy a new phone, or stick with this old update or what?

Any help would be absolutely amazing!

Oh and if this is the wrong place to post I sincerely apologize!

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Are you familiar with RSD Lite? You may have to fxz to stock .905 then apply the update. That would probably be the easiet and quickest route to take here, but I'm by NO means an expert. I'm just a guy who can google and follow the directions of the experts, haha.

OP
T

trinitywyle

Reaction score
Would you mind giving me a link on how to do that? Cause I am by no means familiar with that!

And thank you very much for responding! :)

P.S. It might also help to know that I mainly use a Mac computer...But I do have access to a windows 7 if that is my only option

Last edited:

Nezdude87

Reaction score
here you go [GUIDE] Easiest Step-By-Step Tutorial For Upgrading Your Bionic To ICS - xda-developers.

that is for windows. i don't know if there is an rsd lite version for mac. i'm sure there's another way to do this on mac, but it's beyond me. that's the guide I followed the first time i used rsd lite, and it worked just fine for me.

just follow that guide to step 10, no further, and you'll be on stock .905. you can accept the ota update after that and it should install just fine. :)

OP
T

trinitywyle

Reaction score
THANK YOU sooo zoo very much!

If there is anything I should do on this site to grant you credit/point/etc If you would let me know I will do that.

Nezdude87

Reaction score
haha, you're welcome.

and i don't even know if there is such a thing on here, but i just pointed you to someone else's guide, so i wouldn't say that's worthy of that anyway, lol. i'm still a noob who just lurks, mainly. i saw your post and thought, "hey! i may actually be able to help this time instead of ask questions!" good luck, let us know if it works :)

OP
T

trinitywyle

Reaction score
It worked!, took me awhile to run the rsd as admin since i mainly use a Mac but I'm using Android 4 at this moment!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
FXZ to 246 not 905!! Then you don't have to download the update OTA.

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Mustang02 said:
FXZ to 246 not 905!! Then you don't have to download the update OTA.

My bad, i couldn't find a download for that. Still, it worked, just took longer.

trinitywyle said:
It worked!, took me awhile to run the rsd as admin since i mainly use a Mac but I'm using Android 4 at this moment!

Glad it went well for you. You loving ics yet? Haha

NRGmike

Reaction score
Rooted?

Hey, I wanted to know if you got your root back and what you had to do.
Because I also lost root when I did the OTA. I have ICS, but I'm too noob to know
how to get the root back..
Thanks

NEVERMIND!
I was using moto_fail...
I know it is razrs_edge now...
I have it working and it's all good!
:biggrin:

Last edited:

djobitwan7

Reaction score
When using razrs-edge, you had to re-install the motorola drivers and that's why step 2 wouldn't work (when it says it's going to reboot the phone). Once that was done, it re-rooted for me, although I wish someone told me that. Hope that helps future people.

illegallyfinnessin

Reaction score
Root

I having same problems just with different phone i have lg optimus l9 i rooted and so same thing phone updated but did not know it will take root and did not know about voodoo so supersu still a system appa nd can delete i dont know how get rid of and think that stoping me from rooting again plz help