I can't root my Bionic!!

slimmbeez

Reaction score
I am new to rooting. I have followed all the procedures i could find to root my Bionic. I continually get the error message in the the root process about the adb not being recognized. What do I have to do to root my Bionic bcuz i really want to root it.

deduct

Reaction score
Are you sure you have the most current Motorola drivers installed on your computer? assuming you are on the current 246 ICS build, Are you using razors edge root method? Are you using the USB cable that came with your bionic? Do you have USB debugging checked in settings under developer options? Are you in MTP mode? Using back USB port on computer? If u have done all of these steps and you are still not able to root, you should try a factory reset and then try to root again.

-bionic eclipsed-

Reaction score
Ya check every thing deduct says. For me i ended up having to do a factory reset, then all went like it should. I was getting the same thing you were everytime i tried.

OP
slimmbeez

slimmbeez

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the quick response you guys. The usb cord that came with my Bionic shorted out. I have no idea how, it just stopped working one day, and I'm one who takes very excellent care of my electronics especially. I've had my Bionic since they came out and it still looks like I just took it out the box. And where do I get the rzrsedge from? The one I tried was Droid Rzr Root ICS zip file. It didn't say edge. So it looks like I need to try that one. Sounds like I need to order another Bionic usb cord also, bcuz I do know that makes a big difference. All usb's aren't designed for every phone. Another thing is I haven't tried it on a PC either, which probably is another problem. I've only tried it on a laptop.

OP
slimmbeez

slimmbeez

Reaction score
Thanks deduct.. I'll try that tomorrow and let u know how it went. Also, does it matter if i use a desktop or laptop to do it..

deduct

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter as long as its not an apple. Use back USB port if u use desktop.

-bionic eclipsed-

OP
slimmbeez

slimmbeez

Reaction score
Ok will do. I don't like apple anyways lol..

OP
slimmbeez

slimmbeez

Reaction score
Ok will do. I don't like apple anyways lol..