So I bought a Nexus S..

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Man is it a sweet phone.. the display is top notch and im digging the new version of android. The downside? No physical keyboard (obviously) and the battery life is nowhere near as good as my droid pro. I had originally wanted it since I wanted my droid pro to be my every day phone and I wanted the nexus s to be something id use when I went out on the weekends. I had bought the dell venue pro as well but returned it. I couldn't deal with windoes phone 7. I think im just hooked on phones with a physical keyboard.. the fact that im typing all this on my droid pro and that it would take me a while to type this much on an onscreen keyvoard is even more of a reason to stick with this form factor.. im debating whether or not to return the nexus s.. I thought about maybe returning it and getting a nexus one.. or even an hd2..

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Trade ya a droid 1 for it!! Haha,I really wanted that phone but didnt want to jump over to t-mobile.now that verizon is making drastic changes I'm considering doing just that.so other than the keyboard your happy w/ the S ?

Atook

Reaction score
Funny, the one feature I don't use on my droid is the physical keyboard especially since I'm running swype. My next phone will not have a physical keyboard.

But if you like the keyboard then trade it out for sure. Life's too short to give yourself stuff to grumble about.. :)

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Well I mean compared to the Nexus One, I think I like the Nexus One better, the S has a better quality screen but it also lacks a notification light so I find myself having to turn the phone on everytime to see if I have gotten an email or text. Also the battery has been pretty bad lately. I rarely last a work shift. I'm talking about I take it off the charger at 4pm and by midnight its dead.

I mean there isn't much to say about the Nexus S..its running the newest version of Android but there isnt enough to notice. It boots up really fast though which is nice. Service is garbage in my area though. I still prefer the Droid Pro over the Nexus S but if all touch screen phones are your thing then yea, Nexus S ain't bad.

Now about the Dell Venue Pro, now thats a phone lol, if only it ran Android I would of kept it but Windows phone 7 is just so young and google voice doesn't work as good as it does on Android. But hardware wise its probably the best phone I've had.

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Oh and another thing to mention. I tend to give out my google voice number out to people.. so when I do get a phone call, both my phones ring which is just straight awesome. To some of you wanting a nexus s. It might be best to hold off until some of those dual core phones come out. I think motorola is releasing theirs next month

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Hey, MO3iusONE, how was the keyboard on the Venue Pro????

Pretty damn good! Lol the keys have that soft touch feel to them so they feel smooth I liked them way better than the Droid pro keys. Do you remember the touch pro 1? Well the keys have that feel to them. The phone itself is top notch, from the way phone slides out to the quality of the screen.. it's a heavy phone but in a good way. I ended up returning it because of wp7. The lack of multi tasking and every time I'd used good voice it would have to start the app, and then refresh and that just took to long. You can order the phone directly from dell if your interested. Also the dell venue is coming out which is the keyboard less version running android

Sent from my Nexus S using DroidForums App

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Thx for putting this up. I was on the fence because I really liked the Nexus 1, but T-Mobile service is just bad in my area.
Looking at the Thunderbolt or the AT&T version of the same phone.

Sent from my D1

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
If there was an Android version of the Venue Pro, I'd definitely have to try it out. Not sure if I'd dump the Droid Pro for it, but it's an interesting form factor for sure.

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Well they have the Dell Venue which is the keyboardless version but, its just not the same. The Dell Venue doesn't wow me the way the Dell Venue Pro did.. this phone is on a whole different level. I almost felt afraid to hold it, like I was super careful when I'd lay it down somewhere, I just didn't want to but a single scratch on it. Its a hefty phone but its an awesome phone, if dell could give me this phone with android I'd be a loyal Dell customer for life lol.

Heres comparison pics.

photo-2.jpg

On a side note, I think I'm sick in the head, I find myself buying phones left and right, back when I had my Treo 755, I'd find myself buying a new phone but always going back to my Treo, I can honestly say the Droid Pro is a true replacement to my Treo but I still want more (hence why I bought the Nexus S) The Venue Pro is my dream phone, I think thats the only phone I would have needed...but only if it ran Android. Oh well.

google123

Reaction score
I thought they were going to release an Android version of the Venue Pro. Lightning or Thunder or something no? It was going to be a slider also just Android instead of WP7.

Nevermind, I thought the Venue was also a slider same as Pro just with Android......