1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SMS text messages right justified

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by ashobe, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ashobe

ashobe New Member

Anyone noticed this? Before in GB, text messages looked normal (left justified) now after ICS, all of my outgoing text messages are right justified and don't look right. I checked my friends ICS on his RAZRMAX and it is the same for him too.

Any suggestions
  2. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

There's no way to change that in the stock messaging app as far as I know. Try using an alternative messaging app, Go sms for example. Those can be customized more...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. jtparr

jtparr New Member

Right-justified text messages with ICS

I too have been experiencing the same problem. All was fine until I update to ICS. Now the messages appear as left-justified while being typed, but immediately change to right-justified as soon as they are sent. I admit that I don't know how they appear on the recipient's screen - I don't know anyone else with a RAZRMAX running ICS. All of my incoming messages do appear as left-justified text. No big problem obviously but I would appreciate a fix if anyone is aware of one.
  4. NeXtras

NeXtras New Member

I don't believe this is a problem, or a glitch.. i believe its Google's attempt to make it more distinguishable as to what message is yours and what message was sent to you.. if you notice the color box has a small "arrow" persay.. your sent messages point to your icon on the right, and received point to the left, hence left and right justification with the text
  5. reybie

reybie New Member

I agree with the ^^^ post, it makes it easier to distinguish your text vs the receipient, but they could have made that an option for those who don't like it. :blink:
  6. 211SSW

211SSW New Member

I'm glad to find that this annoys some other than me. Having it planned that way so an arrow will tell me whether I got it or sent it is just lame.
    Any other option?
    Editing - not perfectly entered but I'm in post-surgical, orthopaedic rehab & PT came for me earlier than expected so I did best possible under circumstances. I'm just glad to find anything addressing this topic that is driving me crazy. I've made numbered lists of things I've needed to be brought from home but once I "send" all order seems pointless. It didn't occur to me to check the recipient's phone but I'll add that to my agenda. If it arrives in OK shape, I'll cease complaining. Thanks for starting thread! My search has come up empty until this answer.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
Search tags for this page

align text to left in sent texts android

android outgoing text right justified incoming left justifie

android text message left justify

droid text to the left
droid verizon upgrade sent tex messages are right justified

emails are right justified how can i change

justification sms

justified sms

justify sms

left indentation on my texts droid bionic