Can receive but not send MMS messages... HELP???

jonnytang9695

Reaction score
MMS messages problems... help???

Hey everyone, I have a Motorola Droid 4, and I'm having trouble sending picture and group messages (MMS messages). My phone was updated to 4.0.4 ICS and has not been able to send those MMS messages. I can receive them alright, but even on the 4g network I cannot send these types of messages. I have tried to reboot the phone, disable/clear the data/re-enable the stock text messaging app, taken out the SIM card for 30 seconds, installed different texting apps (handcent, go sms) to try to send the MMS messages, but all to no avail. I can't change the APN settings because it's like GSM/UMTS and requires that type of connection. I changed it from global to LTE/CDMA, but that didn't work either. I've tried changing the APN settings in handcent and go sms but it didn't do anything either.

The message shows up with the green arrow, but it never says "sent" or shows a green check mark in the message box like it did in the 2.3.6 Gingerbread, the original OS. However, when I check the "view message details" of each message, it says "sent" and the time. The recipient never received any of those messages unfortunately. It seems as though the message is "stuck" on sending and never sends.

My phone is rooted, if that makes a difference. I don't think I've frozen any apps in like TB or anything but I've used appquarantine to basically disable some stock apps, but none that have to do with text messaging.

Please help! I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with my phone.. maybe its a network thing, maybe its a sim card thing, maybe it has to do with the ICS update that was forced upon my phone. I have no clue. If you have any advice please let me know! :biggrin:

OP
J

jonnytang9695

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a Motorola Droid 4, and I'm having trouble sending picture and group messages (MMS messages). My phone was updated to 4.0.4 ICS and has not been able to send those MMS messages. I can receive them alright, but even on the 4g network I cannot send these types of messages. I have tried to reboot the phone, disable/clear the data/re-enable the stock text messaging app, taken out the SIM card for 30 seconds, installed different texting apps (handcent, go sms) to try to send the MMS messages, but all to no avail. I can't change the APN settings because it's like GSM/UMTS and requires that type of connection. I changed it from global to LTE/CDMA, but that didn't work either. I've tried changing the APN settings in handcent and go sms but it didn't do anything either.

The message shows up with the green arrow, but it never says "sent" or shows a green check mark in the message box like it did in the 2.3.6 Gingerbread, the original OS. However, when I check the "view message details" of each message, it says "sent" and the time. The recipient never received any of those messages unfortunately. It seems as though the message is "stuck" on sending and never sends.

My phone is rooted, if that makes a difference. I don't think I've frozen any apps in like TB or anything but I've used appquarantine to basically disable some stock apps, but none that have to do with text messaging.

Please help! I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with my phone.. maybe its a network thing, maybe its a sim card thing, maybe it has to do with the ICS update that was forced upon my phone. I have no clue. If you have any advice please let me know! :biggrin:

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Probably best to post this in the D4 tech support forum. People who are familiar with issues like this likely troll that forum a bit more than this one.

As for your issue, I'm afraid I'm not much help as you've already tried all the fixes I know. :\