SMS Messages have two threads

rstaton0574

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I am having an issue with my SMS. I have two threads for a single conversation that are split into sent and received messages. If "Jill A" sends me messages, only the sent messages show up in one thread. If I respond to "Jill A", all of the responses show up in another thread. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks for your help.

Ray

nyx2710

Reaction score
split conversation

Did you ever get an answer to this issue? i have one contact that is split like this in my messages and it is annoying. i thought i'd just delete and re-add the contact, but i was putting that off until later since it's linked in so many of my accounts.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I am having an issue with my SMS. I have two threads for a single conversation that are split into sent and received messages. If "Jill A" sends me messages, only the sent messages show up in one thread. If I respond to "Jill A", all of the responses show up in another thread. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks for your help.

Ray
Yeah, I'm having the same issue since updating to Gingerbread. But, I only have it if I initiate the thread. If I am responding to a thread, then it keeps the conversation in one thread...at least that seems to be the way SMS is currently working for me.

nyx2710

Reaction score
Yes this has been since the gingerbread update. i downloaded the go sms app as a temp solution but i'm running it in lite mode, i'd rather use the default apps so the system is faster and more efficient. please, if anyone has any ideas how to resolve this please help. i'm a simple gallike to keep things clean...

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Yes this has been since the gingerbread update. i downloaded the go sms app as a temp solution but i'm running it in lite mode, i'd rather use the default apps so the system is faster and more efficient. please, if anyone has any ideas how to resolve this please help. i'm a simple gallike to keep things clean...

Interesting that GoSMS has been so helpful to you. Having to disable double notifications and such confuses me more. Lol. Do you often restart your phone or put it in airplane mode? I know that I often will receive three of the same messages if someone texts me while I'm restarting my phone.

If you decide to go through readding contacts I would suggest doing it through your Google account and syncing it to the rest while trying not to accidentally replace some people with their Facebook info. I think GoSMS also has a contact book replacement. I don't know if that gives you the ability to merge anything like that.

Other random thoughts:

What do your messaging settings say when you press menu in the stock SMS program?

Have you tried deleting the conversation and trying a new one?

Hope this helps with the troubleshooting.

nyx2710

Reaction score
disabling wasn't as heard as i had read it would be, i do restart my phone almost daily as a habit, but i don't go into airplane mode, what benefit does that have, i've read people doing that and i don't know the reasons. stock sms has the same basic settings it always had, no delivery reports, auto retrieve, and notification. not a lot of choices really. i had tested handcent for my cio and didn't like that as muchas far as the double notifications. again, i'm running go sms in lite mode so it seems less intrusive. So far it seems to be only one contact, but my husband noticed that when he deleted our conversation then it started doing it on his droidx as well. his phone was bricked with the beta gingerbread, mine was not, so he got a refurb. my download ota was successful.