SMH @ One Plus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
awcd-800.jpg
Is there any company that has fumbled and bumbled more than One plus. With a device that had hype released at the perfect time during the tech dead period of summer and yet they continue to botch this thing. I feel like the One plus one will be part of the tech year end review for the wrong reasons. And now they are having issues with their bamboo snap covers (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/regarding-styleswap-covers.115575/). A cover will not make or break a company but add that to the other issues that has followed the one and it just looks like One does not have their stuff together at all. With the Nexus on the horizon one have to wonder will One be able to recover or will they slip into the abyss?

Are you still going to purchase a One plus One or at this point might as well wait for the Nexus or Moto Pure?

"Never Settle"

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I was interested in this phone until they started the whole invite saga. You should be inviting me instead of me asking for an invite. So I decided not to settle and am waiting on the Note 4 instead.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
One has sunk before it left the port. Invite only? Have they looked at market share that they have?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think people are counting this phone out before they even give it a chance. And threads like this aren't helping matters lol
Seriously though, if you talk to any of our One Plus members and they'll all tell you its one of the best, if not THE best, Android device they've ever owned. The 4 members (big number right..lol) I know personally are all "Android veterans" if you will, so these "views" aren't coming from just anyone.
Aside from that, take a look at the track record from every well established manufacturer. Every single one of them has had one issue or another with almost every new device they've released over the years. Point is, these things happen. This isn't even the stock cover we're talking about, it's an alternate cover and is wooden for cripessake. If I recall correctly, the original Moto X had similar problems with their bamboo cover.
I'm just saying. ...its one thing to post a news story, but c'mon. In the grand scheme of things, this cover has nothing to do with the actual phone itself. The article (as well as past articles from the manufacturer ) tells me that this is company is trying hard to compete in a cutthroat market and that they clearly learn from their mistakes. (just as they did with the invite debacle) Their decision to not release a subpar "accessory " was a smart move imo.

I'm all for giving them a fighting chance. They certainly have a much better device than what many larger manufacturers have tried to release on their first try. (-cough- Amazon -cough-)

tap'n

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yup I'm with ya pop ...just don't need running through hoops for a phone no matter how great ...I could care less about a case or cover ..I'm sure most peeps don't care about that part of it ..

M8 tap'd

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a great phone from what I've seen about it, it's just too bad that it's so hard to get.

on the move..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think people are counting this phone out before they even give it a chance. And threads like this aren't helping matters lol
Seriously though, if you talk to any of our One Plus members and they'll all tell you its one of the best, if not THE best, Android device they've ever owned. The 4 members (big number right..lol) I know personally are all "Android veterans" if you will, so these "views" aren't coming from just anyone.
Aside from that, take a look at the track record from every well established manufacturer. Every single one of them has had one issue or another with almost every new device they've released over the years. Point is, these things happen. This isn't even the stock cover we're talking about, it's an alternate cover and is wooden for cripessake. If I recall correctly, the original Moto X had similar problems with their bamboo cover.
I'm just saying. ...its one thing to post a news story, but c'mon. In the grand scheme of things, this cover has nothing to do with the actual phone itself. The article (as well as past articles from the manufacturer ) tells me that this is company is trying hard to compete in a cutthroat market and that they clearly learn from their mistakes. (just as they did with the invite debacle) Their decision to not release a subpar "accessory " was a smart move imo.

I'm all for giving them a fighting chance. They certainly have a much better device than what many larger manufacturers have tried to release on their first try. (-cough- Amazon -cough-)

tap'n
Cr I hear you and you right at the end of the day we talking about a back cover and if that was the only thing then this thread would be nitpicking. But when you add that to other stuff it misses on its potential. I am sure you right that it is a decent phone but at the end of the day tech have a short window to make its mark. And if you make it hard to purchase and for those who have it getting replacements, for malfunctioning devices, becomess headache you get more bad pub than good pub. Considering the market the device is targeted toward (nexus, android enthusiasts) it already is a small group and they are competing again the nexus line and now the moto pure. If one is going to become more than a trivia question they are going to make some corrections particularly with the difficulty of getting a device.
Potential is there execution isn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Exactly! New phones have a shelf life of 7 months before they are pulled. When you wait weeks to receive device due to what ever problems, that's eons in tech life. Only attractive part of the phone is the price, everything else is already available on something else if not better.