New guy with questions....

FLaker

Reaction score
After using the Eris for several months, I gotta admit, it is a pretty terrific device. I am 29 trapped in a 61 year old shell… a technology teacher retired, but in a second career of marketing and customer support for a major construction tool and fastener company. I have daily occasion to use, create and send many emails with MS Office docs…. this ‘lil Eris critter is well on it’s way t being a favorite. After using for a while I have these questions or comments, feel free to add your own.

After the initials learning curve and finally settling in to the apps applicable to my usage….

1. Why can’t I add a Yahoo email account(s), I have the single Sync I am allowed plus a gmail and local outlook based email associated.

2. Batter life – If I let the bat go to a total dead, then recharge in one 3 – 4 hour time period, I can get a full day… that’s with GPS and others off, only texting and receiving emails… oh ya and the occasional phone usage. J

3. Is anyone finding the phone use a but sluggish? All other apps snap in and out… the phone, after hang up seems to lag… like it’s collating data or something?

4. FYI - MS Office – ‘Documents to go’ works really well sp far for me. Creation, editing and sending as I need.

5. What can I use to back up the phone docs and apps…. If I mount the SD with USB, I can see many folders and other saved docs…. I can simply copy to a lap top as needed.. is there a viable total phone backup in case I send my current toy into the abyss of an oncoming tire of in a lake or whatever… ??

6. More to come I’m sure…

sgm-co

Reaction score
Attempt

Yahoo seems to be hit or miss as is with secondary gmail accounts I can't seem to resolve.

battery life is supposed to be taken care of during the update sometime early next year. At least that is what forum is stating.

I'm new to touch screens...but so far the phone responds very well and hasn't shown signs of sluggishness. Are you a fast typer?

Let me know if you find a decent back up solution. Really the only think I want to back up are the 7 short cut screens. They take some time to customize and don't want to recreate.

Good luck to you. I'm a long term Blackberry user...and although the email is not as smooth at the BB the device should provide a overall great user experience.