Small Vibrate Mode Bug

bigjay517

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed a small bug in the way the phone handles the set vibrate mode in the sound menu. If I set the mode to only in silent, and then change the phone into silent mode using the power control widget, it will change the vibrate mode to never. It also changes it to other modes in different volume settings. As far as I can tell only the power control widget does this, the lock screen slider leaves the vibrate mode intact. Can anyone else replicate this?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
never even had my phone in silent mode. I realize that didn't help you so let me say this.

I use a free app called timerrific. I can set my phone to do whatever I want whenver I want. For example. At 10pm Sunday night -Thurs night, my phone goes silent and comes back to vibrate_ring at 7am each of those days. It also goes silent from 10:30am - 11:30am on Sunday (church).

This way, I'm not having to go into silent mode all the time. Thought it could be useful to you.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed a small bug in the way the phone handles the set vibrate mode in the sound menu. If I set the mode to only in silent, and then change the phone into silent mode using the power control widget, it will change the vibrate mode to never. It also changes it to other modes in different volume settings. As far as I can tell only the power control widget does this, the lock screen slider leaves the vibrate mode intact. Can anyone else replicate this?

what youre describing is how its always worked for me and why i keep sound options on my switch pro/power widget.

OP
B

bigjay517

Reaction score
Well the thing is those changes are not necessary. If your vibrate mode is set to always, it will vibrate with sound on and in vibrate. If it is set to silent only, it will only vibrate in vibrate mode. The only problem is that I change the volume sometimes using the widget, and sometimes using the slider. So when I want it to vibrate, sometimes it wont.