Sluggish game performance?

Hesster

Reaction score
I recently purchased a D3 to use on the Net10/Straight Talk deal on the AT&T network. I used a Droid X for 10 months before deciding to switch to a phone with a physical keyboard. At the time I was with Cricket and ended up with an Epic 4G, which I used for about 4 months. The Epic was running a bare bones GB ROM called CleanGB. Since VZW blocks the US GSM carriers, I didn't spend much time on the stock ROM. I used a guide on XDA to root, install Safestrap and replace the radio files with the ones for the Chinese version of the Milestone 3. I also installed Maverick ROM.

The specs on both phones are similar, with the exception of the D3's dual core CPU. Both are the same clock speed and have the same amount of RAM. I would expect them to be similar in terms of performance, but that's not the case. The D3 is much slower when it comes to running games. Games the Epic can run without a problem often lag and sometimes crash on the D3. Is this normal? I don't remember my DX being this bad. Performance seems OK outside of games. Perhaps it's a memory management issue? Performance starts out strong in some games and gets progressively worse. I don't expect whiz bang performance, but I think it should at least be on par with a phone that's a year older.

Should I try a different ROM? Anything else I can try? I picked the D3 because I had an overall positive experience with my DX, and I do like the D3 layout, but the gaming issue is a big one for me.

Thanks.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I don't know but the games run sluggish on stock too.

Sent from my DROID3