Slow web browsing

thrashertm

Reaction score
I compared my droid pro to my friend's htc incredible and found web pages are loading 2 to 3x faster on her phone. We are both on Verizon. It is also quite slow when using my fast wifi. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I compared my droid pro to my friend's htc incredible and found web pages are loading 2 to 3x faster on her phone. We are both on Verizon. Any ideas?

Well, I guess in their attempt to make that Droid Pro look like a Blackberry to make it even more authentic they slowed the web browser down by half. :D

J/K, try clearing your cache and cookies and if it's been a while since you reset your Pro, do that as well too.

eus107709

Reaction score
My guess is that your phone has Flash installed and hers doesn't? You could always test this out by disabling flash in your browser. Or changing it to load flash on demand..

OP
T

thrashertm

Reaction score
My guess is that your phone has Flash installed and hers doesn't? You could always test this out by disabling flash in your browser. Or changing it to load flash on demand..

Tried disabling flash - no difference. Seems to be related to the way my phone is handling networking functionality. Going to try to hard reset it next.

Reaction score
When I went to the Verizon store to try out the phone, I noticed this as well. Websites loaded extremely slow.

OP
T

thrashertm

Reaction score
When I went to the Verizon store to try out the phone, I noticed this as well. Websites loaded extremely slow.

WTF - the droid has the fastest processor at present. Why would it be slower loading than other phones?

OP
T

thrashertm

Reaction score
Now I've noticed that my call quality sucks ass in my apartment. WTF is wrong with this POS?