Slow Response

peeg67

Reaction score
My Droid X takes a long time to start up (about 3x as long as when I got it) and change pages, load apps (during use) despite my using android assistant to "kill" lots of apps on start up. I load very little, don't have a huge number of apps, leave my wifi, GPS and bluetooth off... Any suggestions of how to find what's taking so long and how to fix it? I should say that the longer time in starting apps and turning pages is only about 1-2 seconds slower than when I got it. Startup takes at least 1 1/2 minutes. Thanks.!

Ruben181

Reaction score
Try clear cache partition in recovery mode. I have also noticed that a SD card that is full delays startup compared to a nearly empty one.

Moto Droid
GPA15 RC

OP
P

peeg67

Reaction score
Thanks... tried that and my SD card has 14gigs free.. any other thoughts? I appreciate it...

Ruben181

Reaction score
You can always OC but that wont help your start up any, I would then restore to a stable point if you have any backups. Besides a complete wipe and restore that's all I got hommie.

Moto Droid
GPA15 RC

OP
P

peeg67

Reaction score
Thanks... I figured that, or else just start removing apps, I guess. Lookout Mobile is my guess...