Slider slightly loose

Pyroid

Reaction score
When the slider is closed, and you touch the screen it does a clicking sound from it being slightly separated from the phone, its not visible, but every time you tap the screen you'll hear the clicking. Thing is my friend has a milestone too and doesn't do this at all. Could this affect its performance on the long run? Is it reason enough to take it back to the carrier to get it checked or is it too dumb?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine does this now. My first one didn't. I don't know if I would have noticed it if my first one did not make any clicking noise. If it gets worse I'll bring it back. There's a 1 year warranty on the phone. Does that restart for each "like-new" replacement I get? If so maybe I'll wait a year. Especially because nobody knows why the first one started rebooting when it was 2.5 months old. I don't want that to happen post warranty.

When I tap the left side of the screen, in portrait, it clicks. If I tap the right side it does not. It starts making the noise about midway across. Same for you?

OP
P

Pyroid

Reaction score
When I tap the left side of the screen, in portrait, it clicks. If I tap the right side it does not. It starts making the noise about midway across. Same for you?
Yea, its really getting on my nerves, gives the whole device a frail feel, like its gonna break any time soon. And my friend got it 3 days after me (had it for almost a month and a half now) and his isnt clicking.

Edit: tapping around noticed that this whole area does the clicking sound:

milestone.jpg

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words...that would be the area :)

My first phone slid shut "better". It almost, just almost, slides open too easy. I've also heard where some phones end up cockeyd/crooked a bit because one side slides easier than the other. If I hold my phone in landscape mode and the keyboard is slid out so you can barely see the lower keys...or even if it is further slid out, I can rock the screen part back and forth a little, like it is loose in the track. I don't think my first one did that.

Can someone confirm with a phone that doesn't clickety-clack when taping the screen? Can your phone wobble in the track when partially open (slid out so it covers half the dpad)? thanks

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea, its really getting on my nerves, gives the whole device a frail feel, like its gonna break any time soon. And my friend got it 3 days after me (had it for almost a month and a half now) and his isnt clicking.

Another thread started up about the same time...I added your picture in there and linked back to this thread for you.

As it is on your nerves just bring it in, try the demo in the store, ask for a replacement and let us know how you made out by posting back here.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/22915-little-perspective.html

AlanN

Reaction score
Mine does this now. My first one didn't. I don't know if I would have noticed it if my first one did not make any clicking noise. If it gets worse I'll bring it back. There's a 1 year warranty on the phone. Does that restart for each "like-new" replacement I get? If so maybe I'll wait a year. Especially because nobody knows why the first one started rebooting when it was 2.5 months old. I don't want that to happen post warranty.

Exactly the same for me...almost feels like the screen on my BB Storm 2!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL!!

It is not even close to the Storm's screen!!! I can feel that little loose part of the screen on the edges or whatever but I don't think thats anything to worry about

chuckoneil

Reaction score
I've been lookn for some other people who have the same issue..It's gotten worse and worse..used to just tap when i hit the bottom left in portrait view...now its on whole left half of phone..

Its super annoying and it feels loose.

I got my phone in december, can i still return it and get my contacts and stuff back?