slide to unlock/password question

faulkdizzle

Reaction score
just got my droid x today!!! my question is i like to have a slide pattern to unlock my phone, to keep nosies out of it.... but my question is i is, i have to go through almost 3 steps to get into it. 1. i have to push the power or home button to turn the screen on (which is fine) 2. i have to slide the lock to unlock (which i hate) and 3. i have to enter my slide pattern (which i like) is there a way to disable the second step??? i hate how i have to slide it just to enter my slide pattern. thanks in advance

LTizzil

Reaction score
The slide lock is annoying, I could definitely do without it.

DJSketch

Reaction score
I agree. I say either the slide lock Corvallis pattern/pin/password to unlock ur phone

Sent from my DROIDX

spartan0311mp

Reaction score
To answer tour question, for what its worth, I haven't found a way to disable it. Even rooting the phone I haven't seen any way to do this. My phone is not rooted, but I google stuff lol. Hope that answers your/mine/all of ours question.

Sent from my DROIDX

v1nce

Reaction score
Search for a wonderful free app called No Lock. Simple as pie. Bye bye swipe lock! :icon_ banana:

ScienceofSpock

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a Droid (2.2) to a Droid X, and this locking issue is really annoying the hell out of me.
No Lock isn't an option because I like having my phone secure.

My question: Is this a change in Android OS itself, or is this some "improvement" that Moto added to the Droid X? In other words, who should I complain to?

Thanks,
SoS

spartan0311mp

Reaction score
It seems to me that this is a native feature of M. I would start there, and see what they say. As usual, I would expect that you will get the 'pass the buck' from M.

Momma06

Reaction score
I've come to realize after reading everyone's posts that there is no way to get rid of the slide feature. But on the plus side you have double the security if you have the slide and a pattern. Just in case you lose or "butt" dial anyone..lol I just upgraded from the regular Droid to the X and I love this phone and the screen!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App