Screen Lock/Unlock

aphenry64

Reaction score
Hey I'm new on here. I've been roaming around the internet looking for an answer to my question, but I can't find it... Can you help me out?

Obviously, when you try to use your Droid X, you have to use the "slide lock" to open up your phone. Easy! But, then if you're cool, or suspicious, you want to have a "pattern lock," so no one can use your phone except you. Is there any way possible that you can bypass the "slide lock" and have your phone access the "pattern lock" screen when you press the lock or home button?

I hate having to go through two screens to unlock my phone, but I want to keep the pattern lock on there. I can't figure it out... Thanks for any help you can give!

droidxethan

Reaction score
So ur saying that u only want to unlock ur phone with the security pattern? But you are having to go thru both?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
A

aphenry64

Reaction score
Yes... To unlock your phone, you have to:

Press the lock button or home button.
Slide the lock to unlock it.
Put in your security pattern.

I don't want to deal with the second one.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Yes... To unlock your phone, you have to:

Press the lock button or home button.
Slide the lock to unlock it.
Put in your security pattern.

I don't want to deal with the second one.

Unfortunately that is a moto thing. It is there because they have the time delayed lock option. Without it, if you set a delay and turned your phone on before the time lock kicked in, you would get no lock screen at all. This can be changed in some aftermarket ROMs though.

firefighterwise

Reaction score
I run liberty 2.0 and don't know if youvare into putting a Tom on your phone but it does what you are talking about.

firefighterwise

Reaction score
I run liberty 2.0 and don't know if youvare into putting a Tom on your phone but it does what you are talking about.

Rom not Tom. I should read my posts before I post them.

warmack

Reaction score
Screen lock

I somehow configured my X to disable the slide lock ... so no lock appears when I push the lock/on/off button on top. My wife wants to do the same on her X but can't remember how I did it on mine and am unable to do it on hers. Can you remind me how to disable the slide lock, please.