skype to skype calls charging me minutes

derrtysky

Reaction score
I'm supposed to have free skype to skype calls but they are using my minutes. Tier 2 has no idea so they are actually calling skype about how to handle this. I do have PDA unlimited data only plan. But, that should not have a bearing on the plan. At first they were trying to talk me out of their own marketing ad that says skype user to skype user but I had to stand strong until they finally got the idea....waiting for an hour to get an answer. they issuing a tier 2 trouble ticket..

ryan1432

Reaction score
When you have skype installed on your droid and place a call with no wifi ( no mater if its skype to skype or to a number) its acts like a phone call. now if you wanted to use skype with out using your minutes turn on wifi and Skype will use WiFi.

maxnicks

Reaction score
So are you skype always uses 3g before wifi or that it will use wifi whenever it is turned on?

bastosero

Reaction score
Skype does not use wi-fi. It only uses 3G. The official Skype app does not support wi-fi (the main issue a lot of its users are complaining about). You can even check that. Skype to Skype should never use up your minutes. I don't have a Droid X only the Droid, but using Skype to make calls to another Skype user does not count against my minutes. I've been using it since it came out, too.